Should I get CS:S?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grim Tuesday, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Its on sale for today and tomorow, and im curious as to if you guys like it. I am a TF2 gamer, who mains (and is not bad at all at) soldier. Should I get it for $7?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    How good's your Direct Hit?

3. Ninjilla

Ninjilla L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Its 7 dollars, how much could you lose for that low a price?

4. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I can't remember why i have CS:S on my games list... Didn't it come with HL2 for free?

5. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd agree with Ninjilla, $7 is worth it. CS:S is pretty simplistic compared to TF2 (IMO anyway), but it's good for when you just want to play something quick and to-the-point with simple objectives. Full support for bots on all default maps also makes it easier to play offline than TF2.

If you have and enjoy Garry's Mod, it's also worth it just for all the content you can get for that. :p Many, many custom GMod maps (including a lot of really, really good ones) use CS:S resources...

It also has de_haunts, the GREATEST FPS MAP EVAR (even if only for the theming), available for it. :O (It actually plays okay too, from what I can tell in my limited CS:S experience anyway.)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  6. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    CSS is really good. To really enjoy it though you need to find a good server.

And I guess on the surface it's simpler than TF2... but there is an incredibly deep game lying in there if you have the time and willpower to look for it.

7. Jack Riguel

Jack Riguel L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure it did when the first box copy came out. Ah those were good old days... loathing steam's download system because of dial-up connection. Ahhhh......

8. Delusibeta

Delusibeta L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Personally, it's not my cup of tea. I only bought it for the Gmod assessts myself, but yeah. I should point out that the reason for this sale is that there was a wacking great big update, complete with SPUF doing the "Valve updated a game" routine and proclaiming the game dead. You may want to stay away from there for a while, especially the CS:S section.

9. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
  10. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    The mass majority of players are stereotypical internet sociopaths but the game has its charm.

11. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    If you can run it smoothly then yes i would advise it.

12. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    It also came with the Game of the Year edition.

13. Pooluke41

Pooluke41 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nope, I
    would not. Its full of 13 year olds...

14. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    At one time I considered getting it for the props and textures (for making standalone mods; they go well with Half-Life 2's), but then I got Left 4 Dead, which it turns out has nearly all if not all of Counter-Strike's stuff in it. So I probably won't bother.

Plus, even if I were interested in the gameplay style (and I'm really not, particularly), I've only heard bad things about the kind of people I'd be playing with.

15. CapellanCitizen

CapellanCitizen L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Get it solely for the Gmod content, and enjoy Trouble in Terrorist Town.

There's no other reason except leonard nimoy c4

16. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I don't have Gmod, and if I ever got it, it'd just be for making comics or something.

17. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    What sort of decent comic doesn't have stereotypical terrorists in it? And more importantly, where else will I get my desert eagle from, and how will i go around spamming it on other players?
    ..Apart from L4D2, that is..

.....mehehe..