Shoot a bomb that track players location

Sirckel Brad

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2017
Hey.
I'm trying to make a map about dodging a bomb which rains down at people.
Is that even possible?
I try to make it dodgable
Is there anyway I can do this?
Thanks.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
This would require custom entity code. Hammer can't do that. You'd need c++ code and that's not happening unless you work at Valve.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
you could fake it by parenting a spawner i think but itd be pretty involved and youd need to have a good understanding of what you're doing

Benoist3012

L3: Member
Dec 25, 2015
Some entities output give back player's location, however you can't manipulate it in hammer, it's like hidden, but if you send another input to an entity under same output that use those coordinates to do something, then yeah maybe you can do something like that. However I don't know if such entity(that accepts/teleport things) exist, all I know is that some entities output give back coordinates of an entity/player. I discovered that while working on a new native for sourcemod https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod/pull/587.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
also first you really wanna figure out how to make a bomb that works, before you think about trying to make it go somewhere specific

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
You could parent an named info_target to the player when they walk into a trigger. A light_dynamic can be setup to always point at the info_target. A tf_point_weapon_mimic can be parented to that light_dynamic so that it also points at the info_target the light is tracking.

Any projectiles shot out by the tf_point_weapon_mimic wouldbe aimed at where the player was stood, not where they move to. But at the very least it would hurt players who remain stationary for too long.