Shōgatsu

PD Shōgatsu rc4

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Freyja submitted a new resource:

Shōgatsu - Suijin Matsuri

Return to the Suijin Jinja for Shogatsu, the new year's celebration!

A reimagining of Suijin in the throes of winter, with new gameplay spaces, new details and a whole new gamemode, Shogatsu (Suijin Event) is a Two-Drop zone Player Destruction map.

Devious miscreants have stolen all this year's Omamori. It's your job to retrieve them and return them to the shrine, so they can provide good fortune for guests for the year to come.

Credits:
Japanese Asset Pack additional author: E-Arkham...

Read more about this resource...

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
I cannot express how happy I was to see this posted when I woke up. Amazing work! I've always wanted a Player Destruction version of this map!

PigPig

Entitled Elitist
Apr 27, 2015
1668196731792.png

Map appears fullbright on mat_hdr_level 0.

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
1668196731792.png

Map appears fullbright on mat_hdr_level 0.

I had the same issue, and a pal of mine was mentioning that the resupply locker for example was missing textures, so it's likely that the textures were not compiled. (I wasn't able to see these missing textures, likely because I had the Japan pack already downloaded.)

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Thanks, I took LDR out for a test compile one time and forgot to put it back in. I'll fix it with the new version, which should have some new things

LizardOfOz

Hale's Own Programmer
aa
Sep 7, 2022
During a playtest, I've experienced a crash with "CUtlLinkedList overflow! (exhausted memory allocator)" twice.
I have enough RAM, so, it seems like this map has pushed TF2 to bump into its own limitations.
And I'm not the only crashing like that it seems like.

There's also a very specific kind of client-lag where the image appears to be ghosting while the FPS counter says the FPS is fine, while in reality it's not.
I had the same issue on my map, but it was caused by too many `prop_dynamic`s with the heavy's model. Check sv_dump_edics, maybe that will show the culprit.

goobert

L1: Registered
Feb 19, 2021
I got the engine error "CUtLinkedList Overflow! (exhausted memory allucator)" after playing on this map for around 20 minutes. Not sure if it's related to the map, but I think it's worth noting just in case it is.

Genevra

L1: Registered
Nov 14, 2022
This is a very pleasant map, I stumbled across it by accident on a hosted server and went to go search for it

Surprised it's this new

Anyway I have this issue in the spawns
zN9pvWQ.jpeg

Otherwise lovely map!

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Freyja updated Shōgatsu with a new update entry:

RC3

General:
- Optimisation improvements w/ Yrrzy's help (attempts, anyway - it's Suijin after all)
- Fixed missing textures on resupply cabinets. This was caused by a 10-year-old typo in the materials for this prop where the filepath had a double slash. Compilepal couldn't then find the vtf and failed to pack it.
- Updated soundscapes to suit the new environment.
- Fixed waterfall having no sound. Let me know if its too loud.
- Pickups now have proper models

Gameplay:
- Fixed the double cap zone activation bug. Now only one capzone should enable at a time.
- Increased the size of the room you spawn in a bit to improve vibes
- Added walls to the 3 central bridges to reduce dumb sniper lines
- Added some extra health packs around the place (one under A, one under B, some in side buildings)
- Reworked barriers near the spawns to block a really silly sniper line
- Bridges towards A now have solid railings. Sorry to anyone who fell through.
- B banners now glow instead of the Torii
- Reworked cliff in front of spawn to reduce the effectivness of snipers perched up here. Plus, it looks nicer and helps with optimisation I think.
- Made some lanterns nonsolid
- Improved clipping
- Deathpit trigger now covers the whole deathpit
- Moved some healthkits around

Visuals
- Fixed more aggressive fades
- Improved displacements on rock arches
- Reduced the amount of snow underwater
- Reduced texturescale on some cliffs so it looks nicer
- Added some paintings to the cave-adjacent rooms so they're not sooo empty
- Added some decorations on the tops of cliffs
- Fixed the broken skybox tree models so there are now pine trees in skybox (just a few, though)
- Fixed some questionable beams that were apparently there in release suijin??

Read the rest of this update entry...

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Freyja updated Shōgatsu with a new update entry:

RC4

General:
- Player pickups now have a soft particle effect

Gameplay:
- Improved clipping around stuff you could get stuck on, like lanterns and ledges
- Can now no longer jump behind B banners
- Capzones are marked with red wood to improve identification

Visual:
- Placeholder bell has been replaced with a proper model
- Fixed nodraw under stairs in red's B-Adjacent building
- Fixed a missing brush on red's side island that I don't know how to describe where it is
- Fixed more aggressive fades. Forever.

8LovRK4.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...