Shipyard

v3locity

L1: Registered
Nov 24, 2009
This is my first "real" map, I've released a few other gimmick maps but nothing to this scale so any advice or criticism is extremely helpful at this point. Also note that any detailing that has been done was done while I was waiting for my co-author to take a look at it so that we could figure out what to work on next, so it'll probably be redone at some point during the maps development process. So if you think something looks goofy... you're probably right. :p

Shipyard is a 5CP map that has been designed for competitive TF2. Me and my co-author jinn_ have spent a lot of time developing a layout that we're happy with and we're convinced we've finally got it. This map pulls some ideas from the standard competitive maps and meshes them together to form a map that I feel has a huge amount of potential. I'm completely committed to doing everything within my power to making this map one of the best out there, especially for competitive play. Any feedback will be read and considered, any kind of feedback is extremely helpful -- especially in this stage of the map -- so if you have something to say, I'd love to hear it.

Credits
-------
A Boojum Snark -- without the Ultimate Resource Pack I'd probably still be working on my doors :X
Ravidge -- Lighting Library
Contributors to the Swamp Pack -- the rowboat

Big thanks to all of those who have given feedback so far (Creed, Kuiper, A Seagull, Kermit, remix, FreeLance FoX) and especially jinn_ who originally started this map and handed it over to me so that it could continue development.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It looks nice. Some of the spaces seem a little open or overly large, and the middle looks pretty restrictive. Sign it up for a gameday, I'd like to see how it plays.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
some of the geometry looks quite unique, but kind of unrealistic (whatever)

also your cracked textures are kind of over-repetitive, try increasing the scale

v3locity

L1: Registered
Nov 24, 2009
some of the geometry looks quite unique, but kind of unrealistic (whatever)

Yea, our main focus through the whole thing was solely gameplay so I'm stuck with the task of trying to make it look realistic. Going to be kinda challenging.

also your cracked textures are kind of over-repetitive, try increasing the scale

Will do.

The scale of the map seems a little more massive in the screenshots than I think it really is but I do agree that there's some wide open spaces that could probably use trimming down. Definitely on my list of things to do with this map.