Shadow Problem

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
Have you tried making your walls/ceilings like the first one instead of the second one? That can sometimes fix weird shadow bugs.

SvMtmdV.jpg

(though now that I'm thinking about it, I think I did that backwards and is also used for much less obvious lighting errors)

If that doesn't work, I have to ask where your light source is coming from to cast that shadow? Are those blue ceiling squares light textures?

Last edited:

invertMASA

L3: Member
Nov 9, 2013
Thank you, Well the problem was, Somehow the back side of the displacement was still there. If that makes sense at all. Not sure how I did not see it before. But I will keep in mind what you said. Sometimes I do make my brushes like the second pic there. And if that can create problems, I will avoid that.

Thank you very much sir!

invertMASA

L3: Member
Nov 9, 2013
But now all my prop_static props dont show up...Put them to all prop_dynamic they are just fine. Then tried putting them back to static and nothing...All they are are lights and fences

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
But now all my prop_static props dont show up...Put them to all prop_dynamic they are just fine. Then tried putting them back to static and nothing...All they are are lights and fences

does it show up in red in the in-game console saying it can't be a prop_static?

Mar 23, 2013
does it show up in red in the in-game console saying it can't be a prop_static?

this only shows up in the compile log, they dont excist anymore in.game.
Check if the fences are useable as prop_static, in the model browser