Shadow Problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by invertMASA, Dec 15, 2013.

1. invertMASA

invertMASA L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I made this wall a displacement, and decided I did not like it so fully deleted the wall and redid it, And now there is this really nasty shadow there. How can I get rid of it?

Here is a pic http://puu.sh/5Ntpn/a2607f0b3d.jpg:confused:

2. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Have you tried making your walls/ceilings like the first one instead of the second one? That can sometimes fix weird shadow bugs.

[​IMG]
    (though now that I'm thinking about it, I think I did that backwards and is also used for much less obvious lighting errors)

If that doesn't work, I have to ask where your light source is coming from to cast that shadow? Are those blue ceiling squares light textures?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. invertMASA

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you, Well the problem was, Somehow the back side of the displacement was still there. If that makes sense at all. Not sure how I did not see it before. But I will keep in mind what you said. Sometimes I do make my brushes like the second pic there. And if that can create problems, I will avoid that.

Thank you very much sir!

4. invertMASA

Positive Ratings:
    But now all my prop_static props dont show up...Put them to all prop_dynamic they are just fine. Then tried putting them back to static and nothing...All they are are lights and fences

5. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    does it show up in red in the in-game console saying it can't be a prop_static?

6. invertMASA

Positive Ratings:
  7. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    this only shows up in the compile log, they dont excist anymore in.game.
    Check if the fences are useable as prop_static, in the model browser

• Thanks Thanks x 1