Setting Overtime

Ven

L1: Registered
Sep 4, 2009
How can I get my map to go into overtime without having my timer at 0:00? I am open to adding more timer entities if necessary, but hopefully there is a better way to do this...

What would also work is having a way to have capture points revert capture a lot faster (i mean NOT on neutral points, but revert capture by themselves)

Thanks,
Ven

Last edited:

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
I dont think there is a way to manually trigger overtime, only thing you could try would be setting the timer to 0:00 via an output.

No idead for the other one.

Ven

Sep 4, 2009
I dont think there is a way to manually trigger overtime, only thing you could try would be setting the timer to 0:00 via an output.

No idead for the other one.

So, if I set the timer to 0 via and output, would it be possible to save the original value and if the team that needed the OT succeeds in OT, the time reverts back to what it was before hand?

Ven

Sep 4, 2009
:angry: GRRR>>> I set a second timer, and this time its working, but it won't even go into OT even after reaching 0 and being on the HUD, and it won't revert back to the original timer... please post your ideas before its too late :O

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Overtime is a special thing. It will only go into overtime if there is a contested objective when the timer reaches zero. I can't think of any way you could force it into overtime state when that isn't the case.

Zee

Dec 30, 2009
Hmmm, this is just a hunch, but could you set a trigger to subtract time, instead of add? As in when you cap a point, it adds time to the game, but instead, add negative number. This way, it will force overtime. I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot. Of course, this will force the timer to go to 0:00. So this wouldn't work if you don't want the time to go to zero, but on the upside, you could always add time back if the one team gets the point back or etc...

Last edited:

Ven

Sep 4, 2009
Overtime is a special thing. It will only go into overtime if there is a contested objective when the timer reaches zero. I can't think of any way you could force it into overtime state when that isn't the case.

Its okay everyone, I got it to work. Turns out, you need to have the timer start w/ at least one second on the clock to go into OT. That, couple with tons of I/O, I got a great OT clock that reverts back to the original time if OT is successful.