Setting flag cap limit from hammer?

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I need my map to have no capture limit for the intel. So far I've discovered that "tf_flag_caps_per_round" is probably the command I will need an entity to trigger to server, however I have no idea of how to go about that.

Is there a way to control it in hammer, or how do I go about making an entity set the cap limit ingame? Also, I would prefer it if the map changed the limit back to the server defualt after the game is over, as I read that that command can permanantly keep it at what it is. :(

Nutomic

Feb 7, 2009
The best (and probably only) way would be with a point_servercommand, and a logic_auto, the logic_auto with the output:

OnMapSpawn | point_servercommand | command | tf_flag_caps_per_round 9999

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
The best (and probably only) way would be with a point_servercommand, and a logic_auto, the logic_auto with the output:

OnMapSpawn | point_servercommand | command | tf_flag_caps_per_round 9999

Thanks, but is this the way that makes the server stick to that limit until it's changed? Is there anyway I can use the same output to set the flag limit after the map is over?

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
You can manualy have a counter of how many caps were made. Then simply use the CTF A/D system with 3 points where 2 points gets capped all the time (1 for red, 1 for blue) and 1 remains neutral. Just hide both CPs and they dont show on the hud... And dont forget to set the owner back to the neutral team after its capped.

People wont see the ammount of times its capped though but at least its a workarround to make it work like you want.

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
You can manualy have a counter of how many caps were made. Then simply use the CTF A/D system with 3 points where 2 points gets capped all the time (1 for red, 1 for blue) and 1 remains neutral. Just hide both CPs and they dont show on the hud... And dont forget to set the owner back to the neutral team after its capped.

People wont see the ammount of times its capped though but at least its a workarround to make it work like you want.

I've managed to make a workaround, whereby I deduct one point from the capping team so the score stays at 0. Now all I need is a way to make the server set to its original flag limit after the map :s

Thanks for the help though.