Set Team

McFool

L1: Registered
Jul 5, 2009
Help with moving spawn.

I read a bunch of tutorials and googled and came up with no resolve.
tf_spawnpoints.jpg

What I want is
  • When Blue owns D, Red should spawn at 4, Blue should spawn at 3
  • When Red owns D, Red should spawn at 3, Blue should spawn at 2
  • When Blue owns B, Red should spawn at 3, Blue should spawn at 2
  • When Red owns B, Red should spawn at 2, Blue should spawn at 1
  • On game start, Red should spawn at 3
  • On game start, Blue should spawn at 2

The following is already set up and working but included incase you need to know to assist you assisting me.
  • E is locked unless D is captured
  • D is locked unless C and B are captured
  • B is locked unless D and C are captured
  • A is locked unless B is captured

I'm having no luck, at the moment both teams spawn at 1 until a point is capped, and red can't exit 1 due to a func_respawnroomvisualizer :( Some one please help.

Last edited:

ChickenLover

L2: Junior Member
Jun 28, 2008
Every info_player_teamspawn should be set with a team and with an associated control point. They should all be bunched up within a func_respawnroom set with a team as well.

Check out one of the decompiled Valve five point cp maps to see how they did it.

McFool

Jul 5, 2009
Well that didn't help at all so I guess it can't be done. It sucks to give up now that everything works as I wanted, aside from the moving spawns and hdr cubemaps. Thanks anyway.

TracerDX

L3: Member
Jun 9, 2009
If all else fails, use the team_control_point's OnCapTeam1/2 output to fire the enable/disable inputs for the spawns and doors. This gives you more control than tying the spawns to a CP anyways, but is a little more work. Consider it the "manual" method.

McFool

Jul 5, 2009
I pretty much already did that.

21.png

22.png

To tie it to the first above picture, bow is A, bridge is B, storage is C, reactor is D, and aft is E

TracerDX

Jun 9, 2009
Then some of your spawn-points are too close to the ground and not valid. That is the only possible issue remaining.

McFool

Jul 5, 2009
Then some of your spawn-points are too close to the ground and not valid. That is the only possible issue remaining.

I moved, deleted, resized rooms to be bigger than spawn rooms already working. I moved, deleted and remade spawn points. Its in the trigger system or the settings. I can't figure it out. I'd really hope someone who knows about this can help me out with this. Otherwise all this was a waste of my time. The map is retarded without the proper spawn points, and i know one of you who has not replied knows how to set this up. I'd really appreciate more help. I can provide the map, the pics of setting whatever is needed, but I need someone to assist me with this cause im getting no where. As of my last attempt, everyone spawns in the last red spawn until points are capped, then some spawns will move but i think its based only on the associated point parameter in the spawns more so than the triggers. Either way, rooms that will spawn people after a cap will not spawn before, even though they are set enabled, and as i mentioned above a disabled red room is where u will start regardless of team.

ChickenLover

L2: Junior Member
Jun 28, 2008
You shouldn't need to disable spawn rooms. An associated spawn room setup on your info_player_teamspawns should spawn the players in the correct room. IIRC disabling func_spawnrooms doesn't even stop players from spawning. I believe the only thing that will accomplish is to break other entities tied to the spawn room like your visualizer.

If I had to guess I'd say something is not correct with the entities that govern how the level is played.

Edit: Actually, I think I might be thinking of disabling info_player_teamspawns doesn't stop spawning and not the func_respawnroom. Regardless, they shouldn't need to be disabled if the associated spawn room is working.

Last edited:

TracerDX

Jun 9, 2009
Try the entity debug commands:

ent_messages_draw 1 - Draws lines from one entity to another to show I/O events
ent_fire (entity name) (entity input) (parameter) - Allows you to manually fire entity inputs.
ent_text (entity name OR entity class) - Toggles in-world text describing an entity's state.

With a little bit of debugging, you should be able to get to the bottom of this.