set an ANY team obj_teleporter

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

EmNudge

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 23, 2015
Is there a way to place an obj_teleporter that allows both teams to use it?
If yes, is there a way I can color it...say, purple?

Yes, I know I can make a replica with a prop_dynamic, particles, soundscapes, and all that, but that stuff is annoying.

Bogdy

Aug 13, 2014
Ummm...
Couldn't you use a trigger_teleport instead?
Just place a prop with its model set to a teleporter, and use a trigger_teleport (which, by default, will work for both teams).

This should be an easier workaround.

EmNudge

Sep 23, 2015
Ummm...
Couldn't you use a trigger_teleport instead?
Just place a prop with its model set to a teleporter, and use a trigger_teleport (which, by default, will work for both teams).

This should be an easier workaround.
I said before said:
Yes, I know I can make a replica with a prop_dynamic, particles, soundscapes, and all that, but that stuff is annoying.
Maybe you glossed over that. I'm not a complete newbie, just wondering if the more advanced members here knew something that I didn't.

I could place a prop_dynamic, give it the tele particle effect, place a trigger_teleport, even set a timed output - setting a second particle and the tele sound effect to follow - basically mimicking an actual teleporer.

This is a hassle and while I did turn this into a prefab, I would still rather not.
One of the biggest reason why I don't want to is because of a little trick I found.

a player's screen goes white when teleported, so if he appears in another area for a milisecond he won't notice. This way I could place the exit elsewhere and have a trigger-teleport ontop of it, allowing the player to teleport onto wherever I wanted without an actual building being there.

The benefits were simplicity, effects, sound, and the particle effect that follows.