Server on the West Coast?

Gatorix

L1: Registered
May 6, 2015
So. I have been fascinated by custom maps for months now... My only and greatest woe is not being able to join the rest of the people testing maps because it is located on the East Coast and I live on the West. My ping soars way over 100 whenever I attempt to join and I feel like I can't give quality criticism because lag issues.
Three questions:
If it is possible, can an official server open up for the West coast?
If it is, why hasn't a west coast server been made already?
If it isn't, why?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
100 ping is more than fine to play with.

I reguarly test with 300 ping on the US server and 400 on europe because everyone else bitches and complains when they're made to play on the australian server.

Gatorix

L1: Registered
May 6, 2015
But I crash when I spike past 900 ping. Also, the delay in 100+ping freezes my screen for a good 2 to 5 seconds. This seriously impacts the gameplay. It can also ruin mobility like rocket jumping and other specialty type movement options. These I find essential to the purpose and essence of "testing" a map. But I'm a novice, so perhaps I don't know as much. This is just my quick and honest opinion as of right now.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
That doesn't sound like a straight ping problem. Ping jumps to 900 and freezes aren't a symptom of the server location, rather something else. Freezing your screen sounds like it could me a memory problem or a video driver problem rather than connection.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'd check to make sure there aren't any other programs trying to hog your Internet while you're playing.