Server Maplists Idea

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
So... there I was...making sure I had author names right for the maps on the server, and sometimes the latest version while I was at it. That's when it sprang to mind that it would be so very very nice if the idea i explain below were to happen.

First, I want to explain why I'm posting it here. I think this is a great resource for mappers, and that we should expand on that. Not only should it be a great resource for mappers, but also a great place for server owners....because really, what most mappers want is an audience. If the site start to provide tools like the one I'll detail below...then server owners will take advantage of them and start frequenting the site. Then you'll have people that make maps and people that run custom maps hanging out in the same place... :)

At any rate, the ideas:

You start off with a page full of mapnames and checkboxes, basically a different view of the showcase/maps forum.. where instead of seeing the threads you just see a checkbox with a mapname next to it.

You checkmark the maps you have on your server, and then at the bottom you click a "create server maplist" button. This saves everything you just check marked and creates 2 different pages you can view. One a 'mapcycle' view, that just lists all the maps. The other is a listing of maps, but next to it have it include the author name (clickable), latest update...and any other information that is decided is worthwhile.

Of course, you then have a special donator page that allows map authors to see how many people have checkmarked their map :)

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
oooh, also: If there could be a way in the showcase to subscribe to updates (but not the thread), that'd be awesome. So I don't get an e-mail about yukon every time someone stops by the thread to say it's neato...but I do get one every time the author uploads a newer version....

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
So, sort of a easy page for server owners to check for updated custom maps, and a e-mail informer system about uploaded maps, rather than the traditional "X has replied to this thread". Sort of a, "The map in X thread got updated"?

I like the sound of that. A :thumbup1: from me.

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
oooh, also: If there could be a way in the showcase to subscribe to updates (but not the thread), that'd be awesome. So I don't get an e-mail about yukon every time someone stops by the thread to say it's neato...but I do get one every time the author uploads a newer version....

Is there any chance of this?