1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Server/map problems

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Little Dude, May 9, 2012.

1. Little Dude

Little Dude L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Me and a friend of mine are having some troubles regarding server plug-ins and a particular map. The plug-in requires the player to teleport to different parts of the map. However, it seems whenever I change something in the map and then give the coordinates to him and he changes it inside the plug-in, it doesn't seem to change where the players are teleported. As well, I also have trigger_push brushes that pushes a boulder, however with this plug-in it pushes the players but its not supposed to push the player. The plug-in doesn't have anything in it that makes the players trigger the trigger. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these problems?

2. Little Dude

Positive Ratings:
    I should also mention that when I am in the map on a listen server, everything works the way it should be working

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Well, surely with the trigger_push there's a flag that says not to push players, i see no reason for that not to work if that's the case.

You'll have to explain more about the teleporting thing. If you're looking to teleport players as a map feature you can do that with entities perfectly fine and not need to run an SM plugin at all.

4. Little Dude

Positive Ratings:
    The triggers do not have the player flag checked. The plug-in is TF2ware. It contains mini-games that happen in different parts of the map, hence the teleporting. I had redesgined the original map and had to move some of the elements around.