Sentrys being able to shoot through doors?

SturmTea

L2: Junior Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hello, I have a quick question. How does one stop a wrangled sentry from shooting through a closed door. I though about textures and such but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Sentry guns shouldn't be able to shoot through a closed door..... this isn't going to be a quick question because you're going to need to provide a bit more information!

SturmTea

L2: Junior Member
Aug 1, 2015
What I mean is a sentry can shoot through a brush entity door. If an engineer stands on one side of the door and the sentry is on the other he can wrangle it and make it able to shoot through and damage enemys. I'm not sure about much else. I found out during testing and still don't understand why it does this.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Surely the sentry aims at the location of the wrangle dot no matter where it is, that's a fundamental way the wrangler operates, nothing you can (or should) do about that.

Also so we're on the same page, if the sentry is one side of the door, and the engie is on the other looking towards the door and he wrangles, the sentry shoots towards him, correct?