• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
Nope, playerclip only blocks movement. If a player can shoot through it, a sentry can. Try providing a natural advantageous spot where players can take the sentry out from.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I had this problem earlier. If both the player and the sentry are at the same height, there's a range of short wall heights which will allow the player to damage the sentry without being hurt themselves, due to the details of how the sentry determines line-of-sight (presumably to the player's center of mass) while the player has no problem seeing a bit of the sentry and knowing it is there.

Try walls between 62 and 66 units high. In one weird (lower) range, the sentry can detect and attack the player but hits the wall with its bullets. Higher, and the player can't see over.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2009
But block bullets would block even palyer bullets. Imagine a sniper or a heavy trying to shoot tru the block bullets brush :D

Ninjad :D

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
a func_nobuild brush entity stops engineers from buildings inside of it.

Beat me too it. It's what I used on my map to prevent engines building on the freight train. Be sure that it's not to large of a spot though, since it would be odd for engineers to not build in a place they would think they normally could.

Obviously I'm not sure at how your map layout is but I would suggest instead of using a func_nobuild, build the location to work so that players can still move outside of the sentry's range and still be able to attack people there without getting too close (like the sniper ledge on 2fort) or add another path so players can easily ambush those who are at the spot you mentioned.

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
thanks for the great tips everyone, i think i can work around it. the main reason i wanted this was because of the fact that there was a really good sentry spot that i still wanted, but i was afraid it would be a bit overpowering, like the one at the second point in badwater