Sentry issues

Excalibuur

L2: Junior Member
Feb 6, 2009
My second map is really comming together. This is the first time i have used water, a fun learning experience. The water is fine but sentries will not shoot out of the water. I know there is something that i am missing, but no clue what it is. Also i can only see "5 feet' in front of me underwater. Please hit me in the head here and tell me what i have missed :)

Thanks

Excal

BagOfChips

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 7, 2009
what water texture is it?
Did you no draw 5 of the sides and put the water texture on top?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I believe that's just the way sentries are. They won't fire out of water, but will fire into it. The visibility has to do with the settings in the material... try a different water material.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I believe that's just the way sentries are. They won't fire out of water, but will fire into it. The visibility has to do with the settings in the material... try a different water material.

You can build sentry's under the water on 2fort that shoots anything it sees. :confused:

clownfish

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2008
It depends on where in that water they are at, If its completely underwater it wont shoot out of the water

frothy

L2: Junior Member
Mar 3, 2009
It depends on where in that water they are at, If its completely underwater it wont shoot out of the water

Actually, this is wrong too. If you build a sentry at the very bottom of the water in well, it shoots the people jumping over the mote/going over the bridges. So in all cases, the sentry is able to shoot out of the water.

clownfish

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2008
I just tested to confirm if I was right or not, I built a sentry and it was unable to shoot at people that was NOT in the water

Oct 6, 2008
you got a mask on? of course if you pyro class - you odn't have that problem :)