Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
So I'm looking for a really old TF2 community map, and I've had no luck so far. I know it's silly, but I'm looking for a community made Minecraft TF2 map that I played almost 7-9 years ago when I first played TF2. I have a lot of fond memories on that map, but I don't know the name of it, and my computer isn't old enough to still have it downloaded. I've checked over the Steam Workshop, Gamebanana, and this site as well, but unfortunately had no luck. I'm hoping through this thread, someone, somewhere will know what map I'm talking about.

It was a CTF Minecraft map that was symmetrical, and the skybox/outside of the map made it look like the map was on a big island. Both bases had 3 floors I believe, with the top floor being a great place for Snipers, and the lower floor being underground, where the intelligence was. The map was generally an outdoor map, with a large tree in the middle if I remember correctly. The map was like a big square, with everything in the middle. Map was surprisingly detailed compared to other Minecraft maps of its time, and I remember the Blue and Red bases being made of Blue/Red wool and White wool.

As silly as it sounds, the server name is something I remember, and I believe it was called "Sexy Phil's Sexy Server". Sadly can't find that name anywhere online anymore, but maybe someone out there remembers it. It's a shot in the dark, but I'm an admin for some servers and I'd REALLY love to find this lost map again some day and share it with everyone again. If you know any good places to find lost maps like the one I'm mentioning, please point me in that direction! I'd love to find this thing as much as I can! Thanks in advance!

Also, here's a bad interpretation of what I remember the layout being from above. The gray boxes are other buildings that were on the map, with the red and blue ones being bases. The green one is where the tree was.
1665985447846.png

Blisz

L1: Registered
Nov 10, 2023
I used to play on this server. I'm from the UK but used to play fairy regularly. I managed to find the server IP, I don't know if it still works though. First thing I'm gonna try when I get home from work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231110_160317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110_160317_Chrome.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 48

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
I used to play on this server. I'm from the UK but used to play fairy regularly. I managed to find the server IP, I don't know if it still works though. First thing I'm gonna try when I get home from work.
Sorry I never replied back to this thread to confirm I found the original map, but I did!! The map was made by a kind person named X Kirby and I believe his brother too. I found the map by complete accident with some friends who were committed to helping me find the map. We went through a bunch of old servers' FastDLs and looked through a bunch of different maps with "minecraft" and "ctf" as a part of the map filename, before eventually finding one.

After finding the map, I reached out to the creator. We talked for a while and I explained my experiences relating to the map and about how happy I was to find the creator, even if by complete accident. After talking, I suggested to him that he should upload the map for archival purposes, which he did! It was a really awesome experience, and I'm super happy to have met the person who made one of the first Community maps I remember playing.

Here's the link; https://tf2maps.net/downloads/ctf-minecraftland.14746/

Blisz

L1: Registered
Nov 10, 2023
Nice detective work dude. I'm glad you hunted this info down because it's been killing me for a while. These screenshots were all I had, such a throwback.

My most vivid memories and pretty much all I remember from that time is getting trick stabbed repeatedly by this spy called 'Kris' pretty much any time I played XD

Edit: these were all taken in 2015 btw

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 42
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 37
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 36
  • download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 34
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Gravidea

Apr 17, 2017
Nice detective work dude. I'm glad you hunted this info down because it's been killing me for a while. These screenshots were all I had, such a throwback.

My most vivid memories and pretty much all I remember from that time is getting trick stabbed repeatedly by this spy called 'Kris' pretty much any time I played XD

Edit: these were all taken in 2015 btw
Hey! If you look closely at the second last screenshot, you can actually see X Kirby's name in the chat! Looks like everything ties back together!