Scream Fortress IX has arrived!

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010
sf2017_blog.png

Play your favorite classic Scream Fortress maps alongside Jungle Inferno! We've added free Halloween contracts and rewards to the ConTracker! Scream Fortress IX runs through November 8, 2017.

Read on the TF2 Blog...

Aug 30, 2015
Brutal

Wait so it doesn't add any new content - it just turns Scream Fortress 2016 back on? That's not metal at all actually

Aug 30, 2015
And that prevents them from throwing cash at Community shit how exactly?

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
They probably thought that putting out another case or pass that overlapped with Jungle Inferno would spread the paying players out too thinly.

Erk

erk
aa
Aug 6, 2016
Well, there’s no new Halloween maps this Scream Fortress, but there’s always next year.
or maybe even sooner?
Plus we already have great Halloween maps to play on with new weapons and contracts.

I’d also like to recognize that this is less than a week after one of the biggest tf2 updates in history

Dec 28, 2014
Not super unexpected given that Jungle Inferno just launched. I was expecting 1-2 maps and a community case as the best case scenario but just turning on the previous Scream Fortress seemed like a real possibility as well. Sorry for everyone who worked so hard on maps and cosmetic content.

Benoist3012

L3: Member
Dec 25, 2015
Well i was expecting to see it skipped, and it kinda got skipped so yeah I'm not disappointed.
Jungle Inferno just launched, the time gap between it and halloween is too little to add something, and as said above they don't want two campaign to overlap.

Dec 28, 2014
Yeah, and who's fault was that?

I don't disagree that Jungle Inferno took a ridiculously long time for Valve to put out (and they couldn't even finish the competitive mode improvements Dave Riller talked about for the update earlier this year), basically skipping both the Christmas 2016 and Summer 2017 time frames we normally get major updates in. It was honestly getting to the point that I was starting to wonder if they were actually porting the game to Source 2 and that's what was causing the update to take so long (I do believe TF2 will eventually be ported to Source 2 since multiple higher ups have basically said they're moving everything over to Source 2 but it would probably have a several month long public beta before that happens).

I'm guessing they ran into some major issues during development combined with the fact that Valve's company structure probably isn't exactly the best thing for a 10 year old game as a service. I would love a post-mortem from the TF2 team about why this update took so long but we all know that's probably not going to happen.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
They probably thought that putting out another case or pass that overlapped with Jungle Inferno would spread the paying players out too thinly.
They probably knew, from experience, because this same thing happened after the Invasion update.

But if they want to have a proper Halloween event sooner than later, "Marchtober" has a nice ring to it...