KotH Scrapheap

Kingdom

L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2014
Alright, new map, new ideas and hopefully fun.

Hammered (get it?) this out in a few day, and are now looking to get in some playtesting / feedback this gameday!

If you can see any problems in the screenshots fill free to comment!

thanks,
Kingdom

Last edited:

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
From the picture you could see some massive sightlines.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
It's a good idea to add the version number to your map name. Your map is simply called "koth_scrapheap"; it should be called "koth_scrapheap_a1" so players don't have clashing map versions. Having previous versions as backups is also handy.

Now my only complaint about this map is that the ground-floor section of the mid is pretty open and full of sightlines, even with all the geometry blocking the way and breaking up gameplay space. I can already see the snipers sitting in the corners of the map, picking away at all the slower and less mobile classes. This vantage point in particular is easy to reach and gives you a full view of the entire place.

You could add more supports to the walkways leading to the point and break up sightlines and gameplay spaces that way. Some of the walkways look like they need more supports anyway.

Kingdom

L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2014
Good points you have there. I do always forget to add the extension to the map names so i'll get right on that. As for the sightlines on the cliffs, i'll probably put up some short walls to block the majority of the view. The cliffs are also very accessible to scouts, soldiers, and demos so i'm not too worried about that place in particular.