Scout Update Info!

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I dont like this at all, stunning is not good.

Invictus

L1: Registered
Oct 15, 2008
The thing about the pyro blast though is that you could just kill the pyro even as you're getting pushed around. With the baseball, you can want to kill the scout all you want, but oh wait, you're stunned.

On the other hand, if a second or two of stun can break your entire push, your team is doing something wrong. I don't think the Uber needs the nerf, but I've no pity for a team that depends so much on two people.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Seeing as the "pattern" for the Heavy update was map - weapon - map - weapon - mode/map - weapon, it is likely that we'll get info on the new mode today.

Nahh, they'll probably save the juiciest info until later. I'm betting on a new Community Map today.

*Hopes for Freight*

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
On the other hand, if a second or two of stun can break your entire push, your team is doing something wrong. I don't think the Uber needs the nerf, but I've no pity for a team that depends so much on two people.

It's not about a stun breaking the push. It's about introduction of a mechanic which takes control away from the player in a skill vs skill based game. This is never a smart thing to do.

IGNORANCE

Jan 13, 2009
You Americans are lucky...you can wake up, wait a couple of hours and then see the update, while the rest of us have to wait until the day is almost over. :(

But its 1:15 and still nothing!! THE SUSPENSE!!:eek:hmy:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
confirmed. nothing yet :(

my guess is a gametype or community map.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
I guess it's Civilian :D

Invictus

Oct 15, 2008
It's not about a stun breaking the push. It's about introduction of a mechanic which takes control away from the player in a skill vs skill based game. This is never a smart thing to do.

Ah, I thought you were talking specifically about the Uber.

It'd be a bad idea if the mechanic was easy to use, difficult to dodge, or more debilitating than outright death (e.g. hitscan, area-effect, rapid-fire, or a minute-long stun). As much emphasis as Valve places on testing, though, I'm sure they've managed to work out the major balance issues.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
I'm curious what they are going to do about sentry guns. They said one of their goals was to make scout more playable on A/D maps where sentries are plentiful

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
sentries are the natural Scout counter, though

I hope they don't make scouts too strong.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I wonder whats left to do, and what Valves new gamestyle will be like...