Nov 25, 2008
Source: Scout Update

nav1.gif

nav2.gif

nav3.gif

nav4.gif

nav5.gif

1. The Sandman:
You Scouts are gonna love this highly collectible bat that smacks baseballs at the other team, stunning the living crap outta anybody dumb, slow, drunk, mute or Australian enough to get in the way. The farther the ball flies before ricocheting offa some chucklehead's skull, the longer he's gonna be stunned. And guys who think they're tough because they're invulnerable? It works on them too. Now the bad news: You can't double jump when you're carrying this little beauty. On the other hand, double jumping never put anybody in a coma.

01_ABC.jpg

A. Hit a guy with the ball to stun him. The farther the ball travels, the longer he’s gonna be out.
B. Now laugh at the guy because he ain’t doin’ nothin for a while but gettin’ beat on.
C. Get in there and take some cheap shots! You deserve it. So does he. Batter SWING!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2. Arena_Watchtower + CP_Junction:

Arena_Watchtower
created by Joshua ‘JoshuaC’ Shiflet

An Arena map that plays unlike any of Valve’s Arena maps, with a heavy focus on vertical space and long, open sight lines. Control of the central building is a key decision that teams must wrestle over. More Sniper friendly than most Arena maps, it’s a perfect complement to the Scout update. Batter up!

CP_Junction
created by Sean ‘Heyo’ Cutino

A Gravel-Pit style map that the community has been heckling us to include for months. Junction is a sharp contrast to Watchtower. It’s full of tight spaces and short sight lines, which create combat opportunities dominated by ambushes and explosive weaponry.

3. Energy Drink + Achievments:

'Bonk' Energy Drink
Runnin’ rings around all them molasses-slow dummies out there on the battle- field is thirsty frickin’ work. But when it comes to quenchin’ that thirst, only one thermonuclear thirst detonator packs all the “Atomic Punch” you’ll ever need. Bonk! is fulla radiation, which as we all know is pretty great for givin’ people superpowers. Just one can’ll blast ya into a few-second rush of radioactive energy so powerful you’ll be dodgin’ bullets like they ain’t even there! Note: Bonk! contains several hundred times the daily recommended allowance of sugar. After the beneficial effects of the radiation wear off, drinkers have reported experiencing feelings of lethargy that can last several seconds. Reading this sentence absolves Bonk! of any liability for killing sprees inspired by or deaths resulting from the ingestion of Bonk! Enjoy Bonk! responsibly… Or by the case!
BonkEnergyDrink.png

Scout Achievements

f_ScoutAchievm_1f0827e.png

4. CP_Egypt + CP_Fastlane Update:

CP_Egypt
created by Sean ‘Heyo’ Cutino

A Dustbowl-style control point map, Egypt is visually striking, full of great combat spaces, and features some really interesting uses of vertical space. Classes with the ability to ascend rapidly (Soldiers, Demomen, and Scouts using the new scattergun unlockable ) have lots of options for traversing the arenas. In addition, the ruins provide Engineers with a large number of potential sentrygun locations.

CP_Fastlane
Fastlane is an update to one of the first community maps we shipped. This release features a wide variety of changes, from spawn and capture timer tweaks, to geometry and art modifications, to exploit fixes.
04_bottom.jpg

5. The Force-a-Nature:
05_top.jpg

Last edited:

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 9, 2008
I find it strange that this has no replies. There are about 15 topics on the steam TF2 forums that are all the same thing, and some of them have 30 pages of replies. This must be a tiny forum in comparison. Anyway I think it's a good unlockable, and I heard the idea ages ago by someone, so it's good to know that Valve listen.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Because there's already a topic in the news section :p

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Valve made the Scout to be a fast and agile, but now they remove his double jump. That is like changing Pyros flamthrower to a Glock. Damn that is bad imo

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
They don't remove his double jump, they let you trade it away :)

krautwurst

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2009
Oh sweet. Not comfortable with giving away the double jump for the sandman though. Can't it be like the Axtinguisher as to make less damage against enemies who aren't stunned?

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
Is it like you can't double jump if you have it equiped but not using it. Like if you have your gun out? It would be strange if they do that.

You must need to can do a double jump if you got your gun out even with the sandman equiped:(

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I'm thinking it's going to be only when you have the sandman as your active weapon at the time you can't double jump. But if you switch to one of your other weapons you'll be able to double jump again. that would make most sense and I believe it's what they are going to do.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
I wonder if opposing Scouts with bats equipped can bat the ball back at their attackers. That would be a fun twist.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not watchtower, anything but watchtower!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sniperfest galore, no chance for heavy/medic/spy/demo/soldier/engy at all!!!!!!!!!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Eewww,

I don't play arena anymore, and Junction has some problems on it's own, but hopefully it's been fixed for the official release.

Not too bad, but I'm a tad disappointed.

/me really wants Freight

Last edited: