Schwarzwald

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Trotim, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    My very first map and hopefully soon to be part of TF2 World Server. arena_schwarzwald was inspired by http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=131574 and is intended for spot 20 (Schwarzwald, Germany) on its master list.

I gotta admit I don't have any proper theme (other than, well, Schwarzwald) yet, but that's the least of my concerns for now. My goal is just to finish a playable map, which - I had to learn - isn't easy for a newbie.

I postponed the TF2M topic until the most obvious major bugs/oversights were gone and am now hoping for some more criticism and maybe even some more playtests before I go on. (TF2 World Server forums topic) Thanks in advance, and

Thanks to:
    ABS for the Gametype Library
    SPHinx for the original idea

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. ajdef3

ajdef3 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    First screenshot/capture point looks really nice and unique. I like. :)

The rest is meh... but its only a6.

3. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Why thanks, finally some comment XD

Yeah, the outside areas as well as the CP area have not even made it past devtexture stage yet, but I am pretty much done with the basic layout at least. Any ideas of spiffy graphical features for the outside areas?

4. ajdef3

ajdef3 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe more opportunities to get height advantage, and a couple sniping spots. I also like a few side routes on arena maps, sort of like ravine. Don't overdue it like nucleus though. (both teams get to the other side with nobody dying. basically switching places)