CTF scheme_a1

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by lilBro', Nov 3, 2010.

1. lilBro'

lilBro' L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    scheme_b1

A straight forward CTF map.
    Alpine themed, with industrial building.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Some very interesting geometry there, especially at mid. I'd like to see this on a US gameday very much :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. lower111

lower111 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Nice map 9/10.btw you have 2 same screenshots in the overview of map.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Hrm I like the look of it, but the map looks really tight, which on second thought could be a saving grace. I'm not exactly sure what to make of this yet, but it almost seems like it won't be too sentry friendly due to close quarters. Said quarters could also eliminate scout dominance, so my only conclusion is that this could be very, very interesting.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    the area around the intel LOOKS a little tight. like one sentry could own. a nice, suitable area for the intel though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Besides begin dark, why you can even get under this area anyway?

[​IMG]
    Why just not have ramp going around entire thing?

[​IMG]
    Ahem.

[​IMG]
    This map had top notch clipping, expect this one spot.

And now time for by big complaint.

[​IMG]
    I like this layout, i really do, but even without testing it with other players it didn't take me long to notice how small the map was. It takes few seconds for scout to run into intel from upper route, grab it and run back to upstairs and double jump over fence and cap intel. Also, it would be complete clusterfuck if you place 24 players on this map. Make it bigger, mostly yards and middle building.

Also, make your skybox higher, i kept hitting it when trying to rocket jump around.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I agree with wankhouse, it is a good looking idea with some nice geometry and layout, but it looks very small, try extending the middle or the ends and see where it gets you. Otherwise, i'd love to see this in a gameday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. AgeNt_

AgeNt_ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    you might want the tree to be straight up, not at an angle. trees don't always grow like that

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. lilBro'

Positive Ratings:
    A2 released, change log added.

Thank you very much, it's not exactly as I planned it, but it worked out for the best (I hope). I'll try and get it into the next US gameday.

Thanks. The reason for the same snapshot is that I accidentally uploaded one with a HUD and viewmodels, so I just quickly changed it to another snapshot. I have no idea how to delete it...

Well, I made the outside/intelligence area somewhat larger (512 units longer on the outside area, 256 each side of the intelligence area). I think the building don't need much changing. Hoping it works for the best.

Made it larger, but I think a good sentry could still cover the intelligence and most of the area. Again, we'll see how it works out.

I really liked how it looked, so I'm meeting you half way here, only at an angle of 10 now...

10. Not_Yet

Not_Yet L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    that's the beauty of erosion.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    what are virtual environments for, if not for such toying with realism?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Mr.Blob

Mr.Blob L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just nit picking: how does the truck drive through the tree? - there is dirt tracks in picture 1, 2 & 3.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Godslayer57

Godslayer57 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Red's new tree formula, grows trees instantly. This looks intresting I look forward to a test soon

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Wilson

Positive Ratings:
    Make it bigger, make it MUCH MUCH bigger.
    EU gameday was one big clusterfuck as map is still small as hell.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    Small, but fun. So make it bigger. :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    When my parents were in africa, they followed what they thought were tyre tracks into the savannah. Only realised they were two animal paths when they went either side of a tree.

As for the map, it was, yes, too small. I'd have liked a route into the enemy base on the right. But it wasnt un-fun, i suppose. It was just a bit deathmatchy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. lilBro'

Positive Ratings:
    Bigger you say?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's just some clipping issues I need to fix and I'll upload a3 tomorrow.

18. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Hey!

So Atreus wants to test your map with the Lions. I think he probably messaged you already or something, I don't know. But I figured I'd tell you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Much better scaling in this version. I'd say it's actually spot-on.
    It is possibly a little easy to just turtle with a couple of sentries on the flag. On the other hand, that's pretty much the only way to efficiently prevent a very quick scout rush. I just think there should be a little more distance to walk between the respawn room and the sentry spot that overlooks the flag (see doublecross, for example, or 2fort for a bad example), so that it's easier for a spy to slip by without randomly bumping into someone who just got out of spawn.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Wilson

Positive Ratings:
    I really enjoyed this version, my only problem was that intel rooms are really easy to turtle.
    I suggest removing the door leading right into intel area so it takes longer for engineers get up huge sentry nest.
    There is also some funky clipping around place and i left annotations about them in feedback section.

• Thanks Thanks x 1