Sappers

notalbanian

L1: Registered
Aug 8, 2009
It seems like Valve ninjaedited sappers so that you can put them on from a distance. Am I right, or was it always like that?

Aug 19, 2008
only change to sappers so far is that if you sap a tele-entrance, the exit will automatically be sapped too (and vice-versa)

irritated me too at first when i saw the sapper on an entrance without someone around

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Well, this is actually good for both Engineers and Spies. Engineers won't have to worry about their entrances becuase they can repair the exit if the entrance gets sapped, and Spies can destroy 2 teleporters in one. I quite like it.

TheBigD

L1: Registered
Aug 14, 2009
That part of the update hasn't changed my gameplay that much. It still makes since to sap an entrance behind enemy lines because 1) It's easier to sap stuff without out the whole team spamming you 2) it drives the engie CrAzY and wastes his time finding his exit and fixing it. 3) It wastes a few other players time running back to the entrance to get me. If I can get a couple players to chase me around for 30-60 sec, it's as good as killing them from a team perspective.