Texture sand?

Pink_Panther

L3: Member
Dec 14, 2008
Unfortunatly I really need a tan colored sand texture that looks decent. The only ones in the defaults are 'sandfloor010a' (blackish color), 'ground_06' (pinkish), and 'dirtground001' (good color, but grainy).

This is definatly when I miss the ease of textures with HL1. get an texture of the net, put it in a wad, incorporate it into the bsp on compile.

Anyone out there have one or know of a good tutorial on how to make them for HL2?

Phil

[moderator merge]

Well, i ripped the 'nature/sandfloor010a' out of the HL2 folder. Converted it to greyscale with Irfranview, opened it with Wally (for those that remember it) and modified the color pallete a few times to see what I could get out of it. Overall, there are 6 tanish colored variations.

Enjoy.

http://www.pinksrealm.com/files/tan_sandfloor010.zip

tan_sandfloor010f.jpg

(yea, i know i stole their image. im very very naughty)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Try Photoshop

It's very easy to change a color of an image with PS :)

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
I'm making a tropical map with a beach and the TF2 ground texture looks very well. Here's a pic:

jungle4copia0000ai7.jpg

Pink_Panther

L3: Member
Dec 14, 2008
i was going for a desert feel. so it needed to be a little 'sun bleached'. also, because there was so much of that texture, the grainyness really got harsh. Plus i found that it was too colorful for what I was going for.

and, thats a very pretty map your making there.