S:s&s ep

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP. It's a iPad, soon to be iPod/iPhone game about a woman in a strange land.

It's also second, if not the best gaming experience I've had in my entire life, on any platform. It's a perfect harmony between sound, music, gameplay, fun combat, simple yet complex and rewarding puzzles, amazing art style, great animations and a deep and mysterious cliche and far from cliche story.

I would buy this game for $100 if it was that price.
If you own an iOS device, buy this game. If you don't, borrow one from someone and buy this game.

I believe YM can side with me on this. Now go watch this amazing trailer which shows of the amazing game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk2fjtryfYc

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well if you where smart you'd be using firefox or chrome and not see any ads anyway :p

How do you expect it to block a youtube ad and not the video itself..

Plus I am using chrome.

EDIT: FF also gets me the ad before your youpoop version.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Well adblock plus in firefox blocks the ads on youtube videos and not the video itself. Same with livestream.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
The story felt a little pretentious when I watched the trailer, but I guess there's not really wrong with something like that.

Game looks alright from what I saw though. I'd probably play it if it was for something other than the iPad/iPhone/iTouch/iWhatever

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'm pretty interested in this game. I see why you'd call it pretentious, but I think it jumped that hurdle. I'll get it for the iPhone when it comes out, but I can't say I understand why it has to be for iOS only. Seems like a perfectly fine game to play on your computer.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
It has an awful lot of touch and multitouch sections that would be really unfun on a keyboard and mouse.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
I wish to murder whoever made the "graphics". There is a REASON you only really see this on newgrounds. A (metaphorical) touch of chocolate is great. Get some metaphorical distilled chocolate moose, though, and you have a horrible abomination that tastes horrible. It isn't an art statement, it's an argument for why blindness is a good thing. It isn't innovative, it's been done ever since people realised that something astoundingly shitty on the screen is better than nothing at all. If you can do better, then you have no excuse. The gameplay may be great, but from appearances alone, the only way I'm touching it is with a high velocity mallet.

FUCK.
THOSE.
SHITTY.
PIXELS.

Have I mentioned I don't like the graphics?

EDIT: Kept watching, it appears that the non-art style is only the narrator for the ad, and the game actually has graphics. However, this does not change my stance on "retro" graphics. And the quotes for the end of that last sentence should be around 'graphics', not 'retro'.

Last edited:

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
This is actually a fun game.

And it has enough pixels.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Nonsensical rage

haters_gonna_hate.gif

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
That and the art style is amazing. It's pixel art, but it's so nice and detailed compared to all the other pixel sprite games out there.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Just to clarify:

I'm talking about having "graphics" that are like this (actual size shown). The actual game doesn't appear to do so, jbut the "reporter" (or whatever you want to call it) in the ad sure is.

Some people just have large pixellated sprites and call it an "art style". I'd like them to sell them my new amazing "french cuisine", personally. Recycle waste AND make money out of it! There's a whole future for selling to schmucks right there!

Also, did anyone notice that I bolded "on appearances alone"?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
I just can't play games on iPads/iPod Touches/iPhones, I really need some sort of tactile feedback when playing them.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I just can't play games on iPads/iPod Touches/iPhones, I really need some sort of tactile feedback when playing them.

I saw some tactile buttons for capacitive screens, you could just stick them on (not sure how but they came off ultra easy and didnt leave marks) and then you have a nice, clicky button to use.

I can't remember where I saw them or what they were called though, might have been a kickstarter project.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'm assuming you don't know the inside joke, then.

Because if you did you'd be banned. :p