B5 is here, officially changing the name from a bad pun to "Rust Belt". I initially wanted to name it Flint, as it's quick and a cool word, but given the political drama surrounding it, I chose against that.
Either way, here is the Patch log:
- Changed name from Destroit to Rust Belt
- A bunch of clipping! Really, you shouldn't get stuck anywhere now, try it!
- Adjusted respawn time of RED for Last
- Added spectator cameras, including a grinder cam.
- Removed a door at the third point as it was giving BLU way too many routes to attack
- adjusted some health packs and drop locations/sizes
- General Optimization (WiP)
- Made certain areas less blocky and better looking/general polish
- Gave each cap individual names + changed the starting messages to be lore friendly
- Changed the fence at BLU's spawn to be less confusing/jarring
- probably a bunch of misc stuff
If I had to do a to-do list of what is left to get Rust Belt into RC, it would probably look like this:
- A bit more general polish
- A bit more optimization
- Fix the 300 lightning issues that appear to be scattered through the map which I cant for the love of god find a solution for
- Fix any gameplay related issues that might be found via testing
The last test of Destroi - I mean, rust belt showed to me that the gameplay seems to be rather solid. This update kinda aims to make certain small gameplay quirks to be less stupid, and that's about it.
Closing in on the finish line; But I still need some testing. So see ya next playtest.
Read the rest of this update entry...