PLR Runway

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by socktopus, Apr 30, 2012.

1. socktopus

socktopus L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Created for the Dynamic Payload contest, which I was coerced (forced) into entering at the last moments. Release Candidate 1 was finished in slightly less than 3 weeks.

Special thanks to my friend Brent Rawls for his feedback and pressing me to join the contest.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Vaconcovat

Vaconcovat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    wait, how does the cart at the full health kit?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. socktopus

Positive Ratings:
    The screenshot is just at a weird angle. I promise you nothing crazy is going on there.

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I ran through it.

I like the ending, but it was a bit of a surprise since there wasn't any obvious marker saying "you're done here!"

The map overall, just feels like a large box with a bunch of ramps and roofs to jump around on. The cover comes from the height, but you might/probably will see Solly's demos and probably heavies sitting in the upper parts spamming on down below.

I'm not sure how it'll play without a cross-over. Cross-overs are generally pivotal in plr, and maps that don't have them have very strange and generally not-so-good gameplay.

I didn't see too much in the way of health/ammo. besides the full health in the middle, which might be overkill tbh.

Vertically, the map is extremely large, fall off the upper ramps/trusses and you get a big punishment for doing so.

Overall, though, looks nice. Put some good work into it and you might have something interesting.

5. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    I ran through the map, and it feel really overscaled, I like the huge height variation, but it lacks a lot of chokepoints.

Some screens:

[​IMG]

You must add a choke on the central point it give to the player a goal when he don't want to push the cart. This central point must be an important zone to control if you want to win.

[​IMG]

All the map seems overscaled, you must cut your building to the half at least to stay in the 'standards' in term of scale. Plus like that they seems very boring and without life.

[​IMG]

Boring.

[​IMG]

This map need way more cover, a lot !

[​IMG]

This last part seems undefendable, add a recesses for the engineer.

[​IMG]

Way too huge, cut your ceiling, and do a better brushwork.

Overall the map has a good potential, but it's fairly too poor in term of gameplay elements.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  6. socktopus

Positive Ratings:
    I agree that one screenshot seems a bit boring, however, I think I have some great ideas on how to spruce it up a bit, as illustrated below!

In all seriousness, thank you for the feedback, you guys. It is always appreciated.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    Last edited: May 1, 2012