Runoff

about 20 ninjas

L1: Registered
Feb 1, 2010
I was thinking of a hydro/dam/spillway level, with the spillway itself dividing red from blue.

After years of working together at the Runnoff Spillway, water began to dry up. Now in an extremely intelligent strategy to defeat each other and claim the remaining water for themselves, Red and Blu fight for the neutral briefcase which they hope to carry into the enemy base and poison the water supply.

Basically, an Invade CTF.:woot:

Version 1 is available now!:thumbup:

Last edited:

E.B.

Mar 15, 2009
I think spillway as a name is taken.
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=7535&page=17
You may want to get a different name since everyone tends to get pissed at name-copiers. ctf_sluice or ctf_flume could both work as they are both available and synonyms to spillway.

Based on the screenshots, I would say that all the indoor lights should be a lot more diffuse. Right now they remind me of this backstage job I had where the director irrationally demanded we put fog in every scene to show the paths of all the light beams. I think it looked bad then, and I don't like it now either. Especially screenshot 2. That thing looks totally like a stage complete with a bit of set, lighting, and rails. That could possibly be a cool theme on its own, but you're not making ctf_macbeth.

edit: I'm totally calling dibs on ctf_macbeth.

Last edited:

about 20 ninjas

Feb 1, 2010
Yeah, the lights are exceptionally ugly. It was a bad quick job, just so i didnt have fullbright gray and blue textures :p

Changing the name to Runoff, if it isn't taken (didn't find it, but I might not be very good at looking) and hopefully I will have some better screenshots and some more added on by later today.

about 20 ninjas

Feb 1, 2010
Got a test version up now! Probably 10000 things that need changing and fixing, but I'm just excited to have actually put out any sort of map.

I'll put up some updated pictures too.

So, now.... anyone care to give some critique? What works, what doesn't?

Appreciate any and all help