RSS Feed Subscription

oxy

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hey guys, I am just getting back into the community after being afk for 6 months or so. I wanted to subscribe to a few of the best WIP threads but noticed that there was only an email subscription option. I was wondering if you would be able to add a RSS subscription to the "Thread Subscription" options.

Thanks for looking into this.

..oxy..

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
you can find an rss link next to each forum for your choosing :)

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I think it'd make more sense to stick the RSS icons elsewhere, like in a column on the right, instead of being kind of stuck right there in front of the title.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Time for another of Snark's Aesthetic Pickyposts™ :p

It feels messy to me, what if the icon was aligned to the right of the table cell, such as where the push-pin is on sticky threads, or perhaps a smaller icon that fits into the size of the font, rather being both larger and not bottom-aligned.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I've never really understood what RSS feeds are.

someone want to inform me?

On any site with RSS, just click the RSS icon, and you can save the feed as a bookmark (I like having them on a toolbar). When you click on the bookmark, you get a little drop-down list of recent news/updates on the site. For example, if you get an RSS feed from GameTrailers.com, you can click on it to see all the newest videos, instead of going to the site and browsing around. It saves time, basically. Very useful stuff, but I don't really understand the need for it on a forum.

oxy

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 27, 2007