PL Roundabout

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
Also known as PL_circlejerk.

5cd1b2a82c.jpg

Alright, so I haven't seen a Tug_of_war map on here for a long time, so boom out of the clear blue sky here it is. you start out under the bridge and move your cart around the outside of the nuc- i mean "reactor" and then up and onto the bridge to make it go critical, the maps theme is underwater, and the large opening above the map is to allow fresh air into the compound without heavy ventilation systems, also encase of meltdowns the room can be flooded. once one of the teams takes the cart to the top near the reactor it will explode, whoever detonates it wins as always.

Problems:
Main problem: is trying to get the cart to work, I can't tell if the Tug of war prefab is simply out dated, or i did something wrong, but the only way to get the cart to move is to first, be red team and try to push the cart, it will get stuck then blue team will push the cart back, that is the only way I have gotten it to work at the moment. if someone can maybe take a look as I'm still vary knew at logic commands and what not I can't tell what is going awry.

Problem two: Back hallway around the map is too big and practically useless.

Problem Three: Not enough health and ammo kits,

Problem Four: The main room is clearly to wide open with not enough safe corridors to take a breather in, also makes snipers over powered. need to figure out a way to brake up the sight lines more,

If anyone can help me with the main problem that would be great!

And or if anyone has any ideas for layout changes or anything in general please post a comment.

[ No current download link until main problem is fixed. ]

Last edited:

Sheltr

Feb 24, 2011
Problem five: there's no lighting.

Indeed, this is the first compile of the map, I wanted to test the Tug of war map first, believe it or not I was gonna add that there was no lighting as problem five but decided not to haha

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Just keep in mind that we don't test maps that don't have lighting, because they mess up the server (every map loaded after a fullbright map will also be fullbright, regardless of whether or not they have lighting data). I know you haven't put a download link up yet, but you should definitely get some rudimentary lighting in before trying to get the map tested.

Oct 6, 2008

Sheltr

Feb 24, 2011
Just keep in mind that we don't test maps that don't have lighting, because they mess up the server (every map loaded after a fullbright map will also be fullbright, regardless of whether or not they have lighting data). I know you haven't put a download link up yet, but you should definitely get some rudimentary lighting in before trying to get the map tested.

Good to know, Thanks Idolon! :)

decompile my map - see if it helps you out with the tug of war thing:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5462

I will give it a go.