CP Roundabout

Revocare

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2010
(Derp, there's a map thread!)

Roundabout_a1, my first playable map. There's some messy textures and a few unclipped beams, but I had to rush it out for an event. Hopefully I'll see if I can get into the next gameday :eek:

I'll get some better screens soon, get those nasty dev textures out. :I Any bugfinds/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Third screenshot looks a bit dark. Otherwise, very nice.

Aqwertybqwerty

Aug 26, 2011
Darn you for stealing my map name! :p

This looks like an interesting map though... can't wait to see how it plays!

Tarry H Sruman

Large Orphanage Proprietor
aa
Jul 31, 2011
Ran through it and here are my initial thoughts:

1. The map doesnt end when the timer runs out, figure out why this happens and fix it to avoid rage on gameday.

2. The pipes going across the final point area are very difficult to jump onto because of the sloped sides, you might want to consider placing a flat clip over them to make them a more legitimate route. But I'm a bad scout so this might not be a problem for others.

3. The railings in the downstairs area connecting the first and second points dont block players, you walk "up" them as if they were stairs.

4. That same room, the stairwell nearby, and several other rooms are too dark.

5. VERY long sightlines all around mid.

6. The large number of different textures (including those ugly concrete walls that aren't aligned to each other) around the mid point is very very odd looking. I would recommend cleaning that up so it looks nicer for alpha testing.

7. Make it clear that the canopy by mid is clipped. It looks like it should be accessible from the nearby brick ledge. You should also block off the hole in the map under the canopy or at least make it so you cannot see the rest of the map from it.

8. Don't put CPs on transparent materials if you can see them from below. The CP model has no bottom and it looks bad. You did this on mid point.

I'm not a fan of 5CP, but this looks fun. Looking forward to seeing how it plays

Revocare

Dec 12, 2010
@Aqwertybqwerty:

Oh noes! D: I checked and there were 2 year old unfinished roundabouts, are you indevelopment?

@Tarry

Thanks for the response! By next gameday I'll get them fixed up. Twas fun today too.

Aqwertybqwerty

Aug 26, 2011
@Aqwertybqwerty:

Oh noes! D: I checked and there were 2 year old unfinished roundabouts, are you indevelopment?

Lol no, one of my WIP's I was going to name cp_roundabout, but I haven't posted anything about it yet and still haven't really made much of it.

Might wanna check with those other mappers though!