Rough'n'ready Portal 2 SDK

pisaman2

L1: Registered
May 27, 2009
I set everything up correctly (I'm pretty sure anyway...) and I went into Hammer from the alien swarm SDK and made a simple room with an info_player start. When I try to compile however, it doesn't seem to work. I checked, and I couldn't find a bsp map file anywhere. This is what the compiler says

EDIT: I opened the example map from the zip file posted earlier, and that compiles fine. I assume it's a problem in my test map, any ideas on what it could be?
ttttt-1.png

ttttt.png

Last edited:

Phil42

Apr 22, 2011
@VelvetFirstIronGlove.
I don't know if I understood you correctly but I think i have set this property. It is set to 25. Here I have a picture of my properties. Maybe you see something wrong...

unbenanntdt.png

Last edited:

pisaman2

May 27, 2009
I got the compiling problem sorted out fine, but now I have issues with the panels. Whilst I have got the animation of the panels themselves sorted, I can't seem to figure out how to have a wall on the panel move with it.

I have looked into some official maps, and there is some input called "SetParentAttachmentMaintainOffset" with the parameter of "panel_attach". This inputs into the func_brush which is the piece of wall that moves with the panel.

I assume this has something to do with it, anyone know what it does in detail? I swear there must be more to it...

Dec 25, 2007
@Phil:

making paint work
1) open up map > map properties in hammer
2) deselect the SmartEdit button
3) add 2 new keyvalues, paintinmap with value 1 and maxblobcount with value 250 (though you can change this)

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I try to make a map, and when I run ingame, it stops, closes p2 and has a window that says "Map with no planes"

I have turned off -alldetail in the additional compile parameters. There are no leaks. I do have a spawn point.

Anyone have a solution?

EDIT: The compiler does say at the end of compile "Empty Map"... really not sure whats going on. I'm combing through the compile log, but nothing is standing out.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
I did, no avail. it said that things are leaking, even though they are not. (double checked with alt+P, and pointfile)

You have to be compiling in expert mode, otherwise it reverts.

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
For some reason, every time I hit the button to start the orange paint flow, the game crashes. Any tips? I have it set up like in the prefab in Aly's link. I don't really see what could be going wrong... the start and stop inputs don't seem to work.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
For some reason, every time I hit the button to start the orange paint flow, the game crashes. Any tips? I have it set up like in the prefab in Aly's link. I don't really see what could be going wrong... the start and stop inputs don't seem to work.

Did you see what VelvetFistIronGlove posted? It's essential to make it work in your map.

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
Ah, I did that already in another map and thought it would carry over to the next, but I guess not. Never mind, problem solved!

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
If you placed them in the right folder, they should be there, they just aren't categorized into files. Look at the decompiled maps, and see if its there. if there isn't I think the OP has a solution to that... if they are there, look at the file name, then try and search for it in the model browser.

Doppler12

Sep 10, 2009
I have one thing to say, and yes I know you amazing people that spawned this community SDK have no control over what I'm about to propose:

I think it would be awesome instead of giving the guns teams in co-op, and saying yes or no to primary and secondary portals. They had just numbered the portals. So each gun still had the primary and secondary portals 0 = none, 1 = blue, 2 = orange, 3 = red, 4 = purple.

Which I think could have lead to some crazy co-op challenges where you really have to work together.

Though I did notice Chell has her own team, I rather doubt she would share portals with other teams despite having one of each color.

Anyways, I'm rambling at this point.