CP Rottenburger

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by takabuschik, Jul 28, 2014.

1. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    A 3cp map, set in a castle (balistic rocket launch facility), which RED has made into a vacation/tourism location (well, it looked like it from an arial photo. Maybe.), in order to teach people about the history of this castle (Make BLU assume they care about the castle).

The map features a custom skybox (the goldrush one, only massively re-colored), and tons of slopes, putting all my previous map's slopes and extreme height variation to shame. (remember the original cp_grain's 3rd stage? yes, it's even worse)
    But hey, this might be the first map ever that will have a building which you can enter into both it's 1st and it's 4th stories!

Now let everyone admire my (not so good) paint 2007 drawing abilities!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. Berry

aa Berry Sharing is caring, and I don't care

Positive Ratings:
    A map surrounded by a deathpit is never a good idea unless you're a pyro

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Upward says hello.

4. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Most of the map will be surrounded by the castle walls (the dark gray lines in 1st pic), so I think THIS problem will be fine.
    However, the main gate might be an OP chokepoint for RED, and the well-known 'enemies in spawn' problem from my cp_bridges will be here too (does anybody know how upward prevented RED to camp inside the common spawn after it turned to BLU?).

5. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Not specifically, but it probably involves a trigger_multiple with a team filter on it. Capture of the CP enables the trigger which has an output that waits for RED to vacate the area. Once that's successful it does the necessary ownership flip to make it BLU's spawn room.

The defensive door on the last stage of goldrush is a similar situation (the door will not shut until red has left the hallway) and the crushing ceilings on egypt are a third. I think there's a map out there that teleports players to a valid spawn room but can't remember which one that might be.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Steel teleports to the proper spawn, I feel like another does though, too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That burger was sitting out in the sun for weeks, don't eat it or you will become sick:
    [​IMG]

8. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Is this map a medieval themed fast food chain restaurant?

9. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    it's the other way around... (the map is a medival castle with a modern fast food restraunt theme)

10. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, I didn't yet abandon it!
    (I probably should, though, since my slope sindrome is taking over this map real badly)

[​IMG]
    BLU spawn

[​IMG]
    Main enterance to the castle

[​IMG]
    This is actually me standing in a playable area (B flank), watching over A area. Amazing, yet probably terrible, the fact there are FOUR stories (each floor 192 units, plus 8 units floors, not counting roof and 4th floor: 192*3+8*3=600 hammer units) separating between A to B.

[​IMG]
    The long, winding road that leads to B. You can take the flank inside the building in the middle, to get to B as well (previous screenshot is from those windows at it's edge)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Point B

Point C yet to come