Rotating parts with sticky bombs

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Is it possible to have sticky bombs stick to something that rotates?
The only thing I remember is that they don't stick on doors... and that other things they will just stay mid-air...

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
What I did for the sand in Hiddentomb was have an invisible prop parented to the door (which was the sand) very close to the door, so it appeared as though the stickies were sticking to the sand.

It's might be painful to have on something that is rotating, since it's around 256x256 in width and length. Depends how big the rotating object is, really.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Well thanks for the help, useful to know too joodude. It was going to be fairly large anyway (control point) but I am deciding against having it necessary now. Maybe another version, we'll see how people like it ^^

Cynick

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 7, 2010
Just so you know...Valve doesn't seem to have a perfect solution either. The little bridge things that extend out to the control point in nucleus can't have stickies shot on them: they just roll to the side.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Just so you know...Valve doesn't seem to have a perfect solution either. The little bridge things that extend out to the control point in nucleus can't have stickies shot on them: they just roll to the side.

That's actually for gameplay purposes, to prevent demomen from completely locking down king of the hill.