Rotating objects doesn't work

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by luxatile, Nov 18, 2012.

1. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I don't come here often these days, so I'm not very much up to date.

Anyway, I just tried to get back into Hammer today and I was hindered by the fact that I simply cannot rotate any objects in the 2D view like you normally would (by grabbing the corners). The feature just seems to have disappeared, and I can't find a way to re-enable it.

Is there some cleverly hidden option or hotkey to toggle rotation, or is this just a very persistent bug? I've tried refreshing the SDK content and reinstalling Source SDK, but that did nothing.

2. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Now that's plain wierd. I managed to do it.

3. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Oh god. After a few hours it finally clicked that you're supposed to click the object and THEN you can use the handles to drag.

Holy crap am I rusty...

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I was actually considering posting "Simple stuff first: did you forget you have to click the object to change mode?" but then decided that was simply TOO simple. Occam's Razor prevails again...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Uuughhh I guess this happens to a few of us then. After you play The Sims for a while you get used to hold-move instead of click-move like Hammer does. It's a real pain.