Ropes and Sparks not working?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Alright, so I know how to make ropes, I thought i knew how to make ropes (well, wires in my case...) that dangle, but it doesnt seem to go the full length I want it to, and when i turn Collid with world on, it gliches. :facepalm:

Also, I am trying to add env_spark to the end of it (to represent an arcing wire)... this doesn't seem to want to work either, as in, they arn't showing up...

In the end i would like a dangling wire with sparks coming off the end... any help? (To make the spark move with wire, I am setting the keyframe_rope name as the parent to the spark, so if that is wrong, correct me)

Thanks in advanced.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well env_spark should work, they are used on payloads, it may have been not working because it was attached to a rope. That should be sufficient if placed by some kind of electrical thing other than a wire.

T

The Asylum

If the water is electified, set the trigger_hurt's damage type to SHOCK. That will produce little sparks around the player's feet that triggers it

Last edited by a moderator:

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Why not just have a static wire? It's pretty simple to position it, if that fails you can always use a func_physbox tied with a phys_lengthconstraint to a point high up, a rope with the destination parented to the physbox and a point_tesla at the bottom of that.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
if that fails you can always use a func_physbox tied with a phys_lengthconstraint to a point high up, a rope with the destination parented to the physbox and a point_tesla at the bottom of that.
But that's the thing, dynamic ropes don't really work very well in TF2.