Rocket Base

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Dustoxx, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Dustoxx

Dustoxx L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    For my new upcoming map, I'm "developing" a rocket base. I made something that works OK, but what do you think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TOAj0cvXXY"]YouTube - TF2 - Custom Rocket Base [Version 1][/ame]

I actually want to have opening the door, and activating the rocket seperated. So if you would capture A the door opens, and if you would capture B the rocket starts. It possible, but one of those options needs to be first. Ande the problem is, if they cap B first, the smoke is coming trough the doors...

Does anyone know a solution to seperate them in a good way and a solution to make the rocket station (lookig) better?? :thumbup:

2. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Don't make it smoke, but raise the rocket up.I think that will work better.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dustoxx

Positive Ratings:
    Oh yeah, I fogot to say that!

How can I get the model raise? :p

4. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    make it a prop_dynamic, parent it to a func_movelinear that moves up. Easy as that.

Of course, you'll need to edit the values.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dustoxx

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, so I've added the func_movelinear! Here's the result:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xErpDh3IV4o"]YouTube - TF2 - Custom Rocket Base [Version 2][/ame]

I'm searching a better way for the smoke, it doesn't look that good, and the flames under the map are kinda silly...

So, any comments on how it looks? :p

6. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    perhaps try some...i think its called....env_smokestack for the smoke? But ya it looks great so far.

I dont mean to "advertise" my stuff but what if this happened if it took off :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFgDA2cIXfg"]YouTube - Rocket Explosion Test[/ame]

7. Dustoxx

Positive Ratings:
    damn, that looks great! Is it possible to make that on the top of the rocket? That would be like awesome :p

8. SiniStarR

Positive Ratings:
    well if you like, im always trying to improve my modeling skills, I could make a custom broke version of the rocket nose. Im just not to sure what it should look like.

9. Dustoxx

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

something like this?

10. SiniStarR

Positive Ratings:
    well the explosion peice can particle thing can take care of the peices coming off as for the rest of the model I could do that. Ill get started on it as soon as i finish a model for Penguin. You just need to tell me which model you are using, since there are several variations of the rocket

11. Dustoxx

Positive Ratings:
    okay, I will put everything on a list and give it to you tomorrow or the day after that. I'm going to sleep now ;p

Thanks!

12. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nice! needs more sirens :D