RockBound

NightHawK

L3: Member
Mar 1, 2008
Authors: Paul "NightHawK" Biglete and Ed "thespectator" Devera
Our Website: http://www.teamnighthawk.info/
Email: teamnighthawk@hotmail.com

Well, this map is a remake or revival or reborn of my old map that i made in 10 hours, which was cp_rockbound. (Which was a complete failure.) As i grew more and more comfortable with hammer and looked at my old projects, I decided to give this map a new leather suit. Pretty much only thing I'm preserving is the name. If you guys read the fpsbanana page of the old map. thepectator did most of the mapping. Now this time, I'm in the mapping driver seat and thespectator is in the concept seat. Okay, enough with the history of this prehistoric creature.

Rockbound will, be a A/D 3 Stage Control Point map, with a spytechish and desert feel.

My Goals:

-To Express My Spytech/Desert Theme Inside Me.
-Decrease My Excessive Use Of Props In Maps.
-Focus On Gameplay A Lot More.

Important Dates:

A1 or B1 - 4/30/10 - The Date I Will Try To Shoot This Thing Out. :O

^ New Date - Why: Got distracted with Bad Company 2 and Torchlight.

Other Information:

-The Screenshot Above Is The First Spawn Of BLU in Stage 1.

As the map develops, I will keep posting new screenshots.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Go to your materials/customdev folder and delete it. Looks like you still have the dev textures I made and published before hoodoo. you don't need them and if you use pakrat's auto feature whilst they're on your PC it will include them in your map when they're already in the GCF (slightly different colour)

NightHawK

Mar 1, 2008
Aesthetically it looks nice, but I can't tell anything from one screen ;)

Hehehe, well once, I get more things done, I'll post some more screen shots.

Go to your materials/customdev folder and delete it. Looks like you still have the dev textures I made and published before hoodoo. you don't need them and if you use pakrat's auto feature whilst they're on your PC it will include them in your map when they're already in the GCF (slightly different colour)

Thanks YM, i'll do that right now!

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008

I actually still use those textures because they look much better than the "official" red and blue devs.

Also the map is looking nice, if albeit a little like cp_dustbowl stage 1 :3

PenPen

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 24, 2008
Looking quite nice here, hope to see more screens or get a downloadable version for future feedback soon!

NightHawK

Mar 1, 2008
Been busy playing some other games but, here ya go.

Here some more screenshots of stage 1. I still gotta fix some things before releasing an alpha version for stage 1...

cp_rockbound_nak120000.jpg

cp_rockbound_nak120006.jpg

cp_rockbound_nak120005.jpg

Expect the alpha version on the 30th. I wanna try to block out stage 2 before then.