KotH Roadside

Snowshoe

L2: Junior Member
May 16, 2012
KOTH Roadside is exactly what it says on the tin; a King of the Hill map with a big road in the middle. The road has a small bridge near the center of the map that is broken, with a control point under it.

I would appreciate it if you could hop in the map and post your observations here, I don't think the map is going to be played on the tf2maps.net servers any time within the coming weeks, unless an impromptu happens.

At first I wanted to do a type of truckstop or diner theme on the side of the road, but as I made the map I realized I couldn't extend the theme that far and into the team's spawn area and the buffer zone between the point and the spawn. (it might have worked as a CTF facade, but meh) I opted for a traditional industrial/warehouse theme that you see a lot in TF2. I may change the climate from desert to snow in the future as well. (I love snow)

If you're wondering what those random orange blocks are (as of a1), I sort of got inspiration from badlands and I plan on using some of the new vehicle props from The Tf2 Emporium Vehicle Map Pack Competition. So there's your chance to get your vehicles into an actual map.

Last edited:

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
Feedback dump!

koth_roadside_rant_notreally1.png

I know it is alpha, but this is very misleading as it looks like a (death-)pit. Add a fence or simply block it

koth_roadside_rant_notreally2.png

I'm not sure whether this is a HL2 texture or not (someone else can confirm that for me). I suggest the chicken wire texture.

koth_roadside_rant_notreally3.png

This looks like a place you could go. Add a fence or something to show that you can't

Lastly, there isn't that much ammo around mid. Maybe add a medium pack at each side?

(Snow is the best terrain)