Roadblock

Roadblock 2018-04-14

Jul 21, 2016
Roadblock - A New Map With A New Gamemode

Roadblock, my first (and most likely my only) good map for the Connect 5 Contest!

I have learned a lot since my last post, always pack your map, apparently a lot of you people don't like purple and black checker boards but you do like games like Connect 5 so I decided to make a new map for this new contest. I have always been fascinated by custom gamemodes, server plugins, or existing gamemodes that have been edited, and I always had a cool idea for a small little map that would hold 4 corner points and 1 in the middle.

Roadblock is a map that uses the, uhhh, roadblock gamemode. The idea of this gamemode was made by me, but I wouldnt be here typing this if it werent for theatreTECHIE who actually created it in Hammer. It uses the 5 CP gamemode and has 5 control points, but all of these control points are active at round start for each team to fight over.

The 5 attributes this map contains is:
Symmetrical, City/Town, Alpine/Forest, 1 Object On A Bridge, and Night.
(Note: This map has a sunset skybox but night and sunset fall under the same category.)

This Map Contains:
  • Frontline! Assets
  • Electrical Fences
  • Active Planes
  • Bouncy Umbrellas
  • Team Colored Fog
  • Roofs To Walk On
  • Much More!
I also plan to add much more to this map in the near future.

I also have linked the download to the workshop page since the download is to large to post here.