Rivertown

KotH Rivertown A4

Comaaz

L1: Registered
May 14, 2015
Hi. This is my very first map I'm uploading to the public and i hope people will like it. :)

The idea came to me to make a medieval Koth map with barricaded kind of environment, like what you can see in DeGroot Keep's blue spawn, with a canal river flowing trough a trench. The area is supposed to be set in a town where two teams fight for ownership of the towns central area in the attempt to gain control of the town.

I appreciate all feedback on my work and thank you for your interest. ;)

Last edited:

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
There seems to not be any pictures.
Is that intensional?

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
It's pretty fun as MVM goes- mind, there's not much that you can do wrong with MVM.

You asked for specific help with placements - again, there's not much you can do wrong. Players drop health on death and only two classes need ammo - make sure that there's a tradeoff required to get any (leave a good sniper place or stay there with not much ammo?) and you're golden.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Hey I like the changes you've made to the map, it looks and plays a lot better than what we played last week or whenever a1 was. It still feels, overall, to me, a bit repetitive. I kinda figure you should do the halloween-map thing where it has like timed gimmicks to spruce up the gameplay and keep things fresh so its not just the same thing over and over, especially with medieval mode melee fights.

Could do something like a volley of tf_point_weapon_mimic arrows get fired off (25 damage each) generally in the direction of the enemy every time a team captures a point. Like that scene in lord of the rings two towers with all the elvish arches in the back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmQxXdBpadY&t=3m15s

Also I didn't understand the fences that went up and down for a while, I mentioned that in the feedback too.

Also also check out these cool action shots:
XLg4vRn.jpg

8cTuj81.jpg

wioAUVv.jpg

Comaaz

May 14, 2015
A4:
-Changed both side buildings next to the point to a new layout.
-Reworked one of the spawn room exits.
-Removed braziers from the 2nd floor inside the building overlooking the cap. And moved the braziers near the spawn into the spawn.
-Removed the balcony from team spawns.
-Removed the two medium medkits near the cap.
-The moat is now deep enough in some places to douse flames.
-Removed the additional mini-cap.
-Made structural changes to the two floor buildings overlooking the cap.
-Added staircases leading to both teams bridges.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jekyllson

L3: Member
Jun 20, 2015
I saw on the EU gameday thread that you were wanted to know if the map could use changes to benefit certain classes? Well, I've been thinking on it, and I realized that the one unique thing that Pyro can really excel at in Medieval mode is fighting on or around water, because Pyro has the Neon Annihilator. I would recommend adding carefully placed pools of water (similarly to Pinewood) in the central area, and maybe a miniature "moat" around the actual control point. If you did that, then your map could be the first Medieval map (as far as I'm aware) that made Pyro fun to play.

Comaaz

May 14, 2015
I saw on the EU gameday thread that you were wanted to know if the map could use changes to benefit certain classes? Well, I've been thinking on it, and I realized that the one unique thing that Pyro can really excel at in Medieval mode is fighting on or around water, because Pyro has the Neon Annihilator. I would recommend adding carefully placed pools of water (similarly to Pinewood) in the central area, and maybe a miniature "moat" around the actual control point. If you did that, then your map could be the first Medieval map (as far as I'm aware) that made Pyro fun to play.
I'll look into that. :D

Comaaz

May 14, 2015
Thanks Egan. Really i never planed the map too far ahead when i started making it, it was more of a stylistic idea from which i started building. Maybe the map could have more potential if it wasn't medieval mode restricted, but in that case i'd have to rework the whole layout. And really, i too feel like this isn't going anywhere. I hope that there's still a straw left to pull out from this map that might work out to something.

Hipster_Duck

L2: Junior Member
Dec 20, 2015
Some designated trimping spots near spawn would be nice. Oh and just on a side note, clip your stairs.