river

Groovy Pants

L1: Registered
Jul 24, 2009
Ahemn.

*Looks at script on FPSBanana*

Well, one day I was playing TF2, on cashworks. I thought to myself, "You know, I should make a payload map." But I wanted it to be different from the rest of the payload maps that are out, so I decided that instead of pushing a cart into a building or something, you pilot a boat filled with explosives into RED's Dam. And thusly, I canceled all projects and began work on that.

On a completely unrelated note, I normally play as pyro, and I probably still would on this map even after its done.

ALSO: The water isn't supposed to be purple like that. I need help with fixing that, or else the whole map will be messed up.

What did you expect? I certainly wasn't going to make a second explanation. (yes, that is me on FPSB too, if you look at the name.) :mellow:

Groovy Pants

Jul 24, 2009
Cubemaps make it worse. And don't tell me to build them it won't let me. I get this error:

Current mod isn't in a subdirectory of "game"!
bounce: 1/1 sample: 1/1
*** Error: Skybox vtf files for sky_trainyard_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
Can't load skybox file sky_trainyard_01 to build the default cubemap!

I think it has to do with the skybox.

Also, thank you, Lead Farmer.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
Trust me, it looks like it doesn't work, but do it one more time then reload the map. You won't see the changes until you've reloaded. However, you'll have to do this every time you compile, so wait until you're ready to release to build them.

Groovy Pants

Jul 24, 2009
Yeah. I just compiled it again with cordons. I at first I though I had a leak. Turns out the cordons were off (lolzarz). When I did it again, and built the cubemaps the TF2 way, and it worked perfectly. :facepalm: Only thing is....

Does this look right to you?

Mexican Apple Thief

Aug 23, 2008
Metal04 or something like that is basically the same but not reflective.

Or I could make you a custom one since they hardly have any color to them in the first place.

taraph75

Apr 23, 2009
Quoted from Valve, teamfortress.com June 15, 2009:
Today we're releasing an update to the Source SDK that includes the .vmf source files for many of the official TF2 maps. This is something we've wanted to do for a while, especially as we've been growing the range of game modes in TF. Here's the list of maps that are included in the update: Lumberyard, Ravine, Badlands, Dustbowl, Granary, Gravelpit, 2Fort, Badwater, Goldrush, and Hydro.

For the beginner map makers out there, we hope this gives you an easier entry point by allowing you to alter or edit an existing map, as opposed to being forced to start from scratch. For example, you could start by fine-tuning cover in Goldrush, alter the layout of Granary, or tweak the amount of health and ammo in Gravelpit. Or maybe you just have a ton of ideas on how you think you could improve Hydro or 2Fort. We'd love to see what you come up with.
For the experienced map makers, we hope this gives you a variety of examples of how we design and construct levels, the tools we use to finish the aesthetic/thematic elements, and some specific implementation solutions to performance and networking problems. We also hope that it'll reduce the amount of confusion around the game logic and entity setup required for the various TF game modes.

Our plan is to get more of our TF content source out in the SDK, so look for more maps & model sources in the future.

I hope this clarifies any question as to what they wanted everyone to do with their .vmfs. ;)

Mexican Apple Thief

Aug 23, 2008
Quoted from Valve, teamfortress.com June 15, 2009:
Today we're releasing an update to the Source SDK that includes the .vmf source files for many of the official TF2 maps. This is something we've wanted to do for a while, especially as we've been growing the range of game modes in TF. Here's the list of maps that are included in the update: Lumberyard, Ravine, Badlands, Dustbowl, Granary, Gravelpit, 2Fort, Badwater, Goldrush, and Hydro.

For the beginner map makers out there, we hope this gives you an easier entry point by allowing you to alter or edit an existing map, as opposed to being forced to start from scratch. For example, you could start by fine-tuning cover in Goldrush, alter the layout of Granary, or tweak the amount of health and ammo in Gravelpit. Or maybe you just have a ton of ideas on how you think you could improve Hydro or 2Fort. We'd love to see what you come up with.
For the experienced map makers, we hope this gives you a variety of examples of how we design and construct levels, the tools we use to finish the aesthetic/thematic elements, and some specific implementation solutions to performance and networking problems. We also hope that it'll reduce the amount of confusion around the game logic and entity setup required for the various TF game modes.

Our plan is to get more of our TF content source out in the SDK, so look for more maps & model sources in the future.

I hope this clarifies any question as to what they wanted everyone to do with their .vmfs. ;)

...:huh:

Wrong thread?