River Race

ChronoTriggerFan

L420: High Member
Feb 3, 2008
Purpose:
As a collaborative effort between Matt and myself, we are improving on a sort of fun game type called Balloon Race.

Improvements on Balloon Race:
  • Players are forced to stay on the boat, so that snipers don't become insanely over powered.
  • Boats falling behind will get a faster rate of speed, to catch up.
  • Better capture point layouts, for more interesting battles.
  • Players win by capturing the last point, not by capturing 3 points.

Screenshots:

Known Issues:
Players spawn outside the boat when the round first starts.

Please reply on what you think about the map, or to give some feedback on the layout, and game concept. Thanks.

Last edited:

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
I feel like it should be snowing.

Last edited:

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
Seems wrong to call something a race, and then make the losing team go faster. Can't wait to see it in a gameday though

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, it's pretty lame to handicap the winning team. Reminds me of racing games that teleport bots near you just so they can catch up :/

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
If it is about the last capture, what do you get from the other captures? A speed boost?

Pikmin 23

L1: Registered
Mar 16, 2009
Oh, great, I wanted to make a map just like this, right down to the boats.

But I'm working on another one.

But I was going to be working on it as soon as my other was in B1. :crying:

But anyway, it looks good.

Guess I'll have to use space ships...

ChronoTriggerFan

L420: High Member
Feb 3, 2008
Yeah, it's pretty lame to handicap the winning team. Reminds me of racing games that teleport bots near you just so they can catch up :/

The main problem is if a boat get ahead, theres nothing the losing team can do about it, and both teams don't have fun. That was the second most fail thing Matt and I observed from the original Balloon Race map.

If it is about the last capture, what do you get from the other captures? A speed boost?

Yes, your boat gets a faster rate of speed for a short amount of time.