Ring the bell

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by orkysporky111, Oct 22, 2009.

1. orkysporky111

orkysporky111 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ok Hello everybody i've had a idea for a new gamemode Ring The bell.

Heres the idea. The blue team have to try and get to a bell and ring it while the reds defend the bell.

However theres a problem i cannot figure out how i'd create such a gamemode in hammer can somebody help me? :blushing:

2. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't quite know what you want to do or if it's even a practical game mode, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard if you use func_buttons...

3. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe a func_button in a hard-to-reach or easy-ish to defend place, and an ambient_generic with the appropriate sound and an output on the button of:
    OnDamaged | Sound_name | PlaySound
    However, this would make snipers able to shoot the button, so you might want a door infront of the button to block this.

I can picture this area in my head right now as a map, and having quite a heavily defended area around it but a lot of games on TF2 end up with only half the team actualy defending, and the rest going for kills.

4. Lockhart

Lockhart L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Would this be more or less a single point control point or more like a KOTH mode where you hold the bell for a certain period of time?

It sounds very simple and possible to me.

You could even replace the payload model and move it towards the bell and ring it with a metal slab in a carnival fashion. Sounds pretty fun to me. :)

5. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Why not just make a control point under the bell?

6. orkysporky111

Positive Ratings:
    ok thanks for the comment what i want to do is blue to ring a bell its a simple thing to explain but as i said i do not know how to do it

7. orkysporky111

Positive Ratings:
    thanks for the comment another way i could do it is to put a block of wood like a shaft infront and make it act like a dor

8. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Make it a big clock with a bell.

Heh.