KotH riffle

Limeaide

L2: Junior Member
Jul 26, 2009
Knickpoint

Knickpoint (formerly riffle) is an alpine king of the hill map with a 90 degree turn at the control point. It is home to a meandering but shallow river and several questionable design decisions.

Now with 75% more info_lightings!

Last edited:

sahrab

L1: Registered
Mar 31, 2012
In the 2nd pic why not add a way from the spawn to the point ? I'm talking about the grassy part

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
A5

yes I just updated a map I hadn't touched in almost a year
gotta get this in on the next gameday

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
A8

This update, all the pickups in the screenshots are spooky. *sound of skeletons carving with cylinders*

TheBestUsername

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 25, 2013
There is probably a reason why nobody posts in this thread.

That made me feel kind of sorry for you, so here you go, a post for your thread.

P.S. Did you ever host this in a gameday? It seems like you just keep making new versions without having them tested first, which would explain why no one is giving you any feedback.

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
That made me feel kind of sorry for you, so here you go, a post for your thread.

P.S. Did you ever host this in a gameday? It seems like you just keep making new versions without having them tested first, which would explain why no one is giving you any feedback.

It has been in a few gamedays. Not as many times as there are versions, mind you, but still enough to make gameplay judgements on what wasn't working.

Last edited:

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
A11

Yeah, who even needs ten. What did ten ever do for me?

I haven't updated screenshots yet; didn't have the time.

EDIT: By the way, can a mod change the name of this thread to "knickpoint"? That would be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
You've made the most fun I've ever had in KotH for a long time.

But that probably means valve will never consider adding it. Because who like fun, anyways?

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
Beta! Because it just ain't right to have your alphas in the double digits. Expect me to hit b26 before I go to release candidate.

Ran out of juice before I could detail the spawns and whatnot, but HEY, there's always b2.

vexu1

L1: Registered
Nov 6, 2014
Feedback

Your download link is broken but i found it on the downloads section and tried it. Here are some things i noticed:

This building looks boring it's currently just a cube.

This might look better with same texture on that bigger buildings roof

That corner is really empty. Add some props. It could also be a skill jump.

That texture on the bridges side doesn't look good.

So many trees.

Add something to the edge of this building it looks bad when the wall just ends.

That whole area could be smaller it feels very big.

This doesn't seem very optimized. Add a hint brush here.

This transition looks bad.

Add something props here also this is a really dark spot.

Cable going nowhere lift the prop.

Lighting here is bad.

Something is missing here blu side is good.

Long sightline snipers will make capping impossible.

Otherwise looks good hopefully this helps you.

Last edited by a moderator: