Rezarf

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
cp_rezarf
(cp_rezarf_a1)
by midget31394

A 6 point multistage control point map (2 control points per stage) This map is set in the desert. RED, Radiative Educated Dumpers, have been contracted by ASC, Awsome Sauce Corporation to dump leftover nuclear waste. RED have decided to go about this by launching it at the sun, BLU, Beta Lovers United, have decided to take their campaign against nuclear power to the next level.

The main premise behind this map is something, different. Layout-wise, and technique-wise. There will be a number of things that I haven't seen in many custom maps. I will hopefully create an environment which is fun to play in, has linear and vertical gameplay. I am hoping also to create an environment which plays to each characters attributes.

Scout - Areas for double jumps, and allow ease of movement
Soldier - High areas and no real restriction in height for bombardments of rockets
Pyro - Small tight chokepoints, perfect for ambushes
Demoman - Again, chokepoints which are good for defense (ie sticky bombs)
Heavy - Areas which are campable and not too large.
Engineer - Smaller "hidey-holes" and metal placement to help set up a defence
Medic - Good areas which allow for a neasy retreat
Sniper - Long open areas which have a good view
Spy - Tunnels that allow to get behind enemy lines.

I already had some ideas about sections of each of the rounds.

For the interior I am wanting to have a kind of a Mirrors Edge-ish feel, I love the saturated colours on the clean walls but I will obviously fit it more into TF2s style, but that will be one of my main interior's inspiration.

ROUND 1

Blu arrive via trucks and (or?) trains. The doors open leading to a fenced off area with a blank wall with dynamite placed all over the wall. After Red's setup times are complete the wall blows (I will need to find a way to stop people getting hurt on blu here) Then it is the usual mix of buildings and things for the control points

ROUND 2

I have decided to go with the basic layout/play of the map downpour in COD4, obviously editing places as I go along.

Rezarfround2overview.jpg

ROUND 3

Red may have a special way of spawning (This may be too much work with what I have got in mind but some tests should tell me) The last control point rises out from water after the bridge in its place blows up on the cap.

None of these are final, and so far are only on paper (I have done prelimenery tests of what round 3 - final point will be like)

Revision History (DD/MM/YY)

3rd March 2009 - 5th March 09
Preliminery tests started, along with sketches

TEST MOVIES/PICS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQK6BrGHRI]Test_01[/ame]

I have no idea whats up with the crappiness of the vid, or the green area but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
What did happen to vandall?

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
What did happen to vandall?

I never got round to releasing a6, it would basically be remaking the whole map since it was really large. Then hammer screwed up and deleted the bit I did revamp. So I got pissed at it, and here I am with rezarf :D

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
I seem to see that your cap point in that video is underwater. Generally speaking, mandatory underwater places is bad for TF2 gameplay (it completely wrecks class balance).

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
I seem to see that your cap point in that video is underwater. Generally speaking, mandatory underwater places is bad for TF2 gameplay (it completely wrecks class balance).

It will rise when the previous point is captured, so you dont *need* to go in the water. It was just a test to see how I could get it to work. The finished product will probably be a little bit different.