CP Retropolis

n00bsaus

L1: Registered
Aug 26, 2011
Example map, made as hobby and lesson for my Hammer editor classes as a summer camp instructor. Now that camp has ended, it seems unlikely that I'll continue working on it, but wanted to post it to share and see if anyone else would like to contribute to its progress.

The map is fairly linear, symmetrical, with 5 control points and 2 spawns per base. The middle area is textured--the bases are not. No lighting, but the VIS information has been optimized throughout creation. Feel free to give it a look. Thanks.

Loosely inspired by 2fort, but with expanded center and right angles.

--n00bsaus

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
the last screenshot is pretty interesting. try to use "sv_cheats 1>cl_drawhud0" please. It looks like the whole thing is walled in, it kind of adds more vertical sightlines, but seeing that the mid cap has a long area around it I guess it doesn't matter for a map like this. I like the idea :)

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
f-f-f-fullbright

n00bsaus

L1: Registered
Aug 26, 2011
I presume that command removes the hud for screenshots? I'll keep that in mind for all future screenshots I take. Thanks.

Yes, the middle is largely open. The scale of the entire map, I discovered through testing, is perhaps a tad large. The bases in particular could be scaled down a tad more than they have been already.

All editor files have been included in the zip file, hosted by Google Docs. Anyone is free to tinker with it or pick up where I left off.