Resupply cabinets not showing

elmo

L1: Registered
Jul 1, 2012
Whenever I compile and test my map the only prop that isn't showing are the resupply cabinets, now is this due to them being dynamic props and I've forgotten to do something?

Many thanks in advance

elmo

Jul 1, 2012
Indeed they are, all my resupply cabinets are prop_dynamic, they show during the waiting for players to enter phase of the map, but then they promptly disappear afterwards, just leaving me with a trigger regenerate area with no prop in it at all...

strange eh?

elmo

Jul 1, 2012
I've remade them about 4-5 times now, and yup collision mesh is there. They are showing in hammer, but just disappear.

I'll remake them again to check and see if there is anything I'm doing wrong.

EDIT. Must have been something that I was doing, I copied the ones from foundry and now they work fine.

many thanks anywho :)

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
You probably had them named the same as something that gets deleted after startup, like a func_door.

Oct 6, 2008
Did you copy paste them? If yes, I found that sometimes with a copy paste they will appear in hammer but disappear in game. It's a really WEIRD hamer/TF2 bug that happens from time to time (1 in 1000) but once it starts on your map you have to try fixing it via the below line. TF2 for some reason thinks it's the same model and therefore deletes it.

Do a shift drag copy / duplication thing or create a brand new entity.