Results of Mapping Survey

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Uncuepa, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    LINK HERE KIDS

Some interesting stuff here, anyone with more patience for examination want to see if there's a connection between favourite maps to either theme or brushwork? could be interesting!

Enjoy the data, kids!

• Thanks Thanks x 10
  2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Out of 191 people, only 5 like Mannpower.

Why am I not surprised.

3. RubbishyUser

RubbishyUser L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Note to self: make more payload maps that are shaped like Upward in an Alpine setting.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Berry

aa Berry Sharing is caring, and I don't care

Positive Ratings:
    excuse me why is attack/defend not at 100%? there must be some kind of error.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    Time to do an alpine 5-cp map!!!!! I'll call it residue and make it where it is great for competitive players to play on because the put their graphics settings on 2 and make everyone else deal with it rather than helping bridge the ever increasing gap between payload and 5-cp and any other maps which would make the game funner to play without stroking comp players dick and oh god why valve i just want to have fun on a map that doesn't involve cart bombs or 5 symmetrical points please add a map oh wait community maps are a no no in 2015 valve noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    I think it's time for a special delivery mapping comp, I'd run it! That gamemode had so much promise, but was left to die. Doomsday isn't even that bad of a map, it's just hectic.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Yacan1

aa Yacan1 D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  8. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, kinda surprises me Goldrush is the least favorite Payload map. Or at least the one the least people like the most, if that makes sense. I usually cycle around Barnblitz, Upward, and Goldrush. Sometimes Badwater too. But those are my favorites.

9. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    I never liked Goldrush quite as much as the other Payload maps. I can't put my finger on why though.

10. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    I find goldrush clunky and boring. It's flat when it needs to be varied, its varied when it needs to be flat. It's just wrong. And so many clipping issues.

11. fauks

fauks L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I should dig up that Upward inspired 5CP map I was working on. I fucking love Upward, but 5CP is a more exciting mode.