Respawnvisualizer is solid to enemys

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!
Oct 6, 2008
Searched the forums already but can't find the answer.

I know how to make the spawn room etc but I'm having an issue of

Both red and blue will have to use the same spawn room at one point.

I have the RSviz set to name

blueprotection1
redprotection1

Both work great they keep out the opposite team just great:)

Here's the issue - I don't need to have blue's RSvis working at the start of the round but even though I have it set as starts disabled - both on the entity and in the logic_auto (onMapspawn target enty blueprotection 1 disable) red still gets stuck in the spawn because they are being blocked because of blue's visualizer and vice versa for blue if I throw in a blus spawn into the red spawn loaction.

Currently I have tried onPass/onCapture commands to enable blue's protection and disable reds but no luck there either.

Can't think of what's causing it - does it look like I have to build in another spawn room - one for blue and one for red and make them independant of each other? thanks

Last edited:

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Wouldn't you just disable one and enable the other upon the point (or whatever causes them to use that room) being used?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
If you look at what Upward does, the spawn room both teams use is set to RED and they use OnPass outputs to change the team to BLU. I think the visualizer doesn't show up properly on switch, though (they only use one), and they do some kind of func_brush magic... I don't remember off the top of my head but you can just download it from this thread and look yourself.

Wouldn't you just disable one and enable the other upon the point (or whatever causes them to use that room) being used?
It doesn't work so easily. Remember what we're dealing with.

Oct 6, 2008
You guys crack me up :p

I ended up making two new spawns - fortunately for me I had extra space behind the walls so it was a quick fix. Would have prefered using the same spot but I couldn'r get it working.

Thanks for the help anyways!